The kinda unspecified CRK talk thread.

One of the good guys! That sounded eerily final! Hope not! B
Definitely one of the good guys. I would not have had my large 21s had he not offered to serve as middleman so that I could purchase from US BF members who are not keen on shipping internationally.
I think he inspired and somehow brought our small CRK community closer. It is sad that he left but I'm sure he had his reasons.

******************** Redacted *********************** Just saying.

If Kettleman was here he would spread the word to enable some buyers.

Last edited:
DLT already did by sending emails out. We support DLT as they support the site, (and they are great folks), but the fact remains that "deal spotting" is still against the rules (technically). We rarely make an issue of it unless there is a reason to do so.

Very nice looking edge. Freehand or guided? What stones? If guided, what system?
Guided system, Worksharp Pro Precision Adjust ran through the diamond plates 400/600/800/ceramic and stropped.

Its a great little system for the money. I just wish there was a 1000/1200 and 1500 grit plates.

I know gritomatic makes a stone holder for universal 1x6" plates for this system which may be something ill be looking into soon - or ill buy the new Haptstone or a TSprof system

Guided system, Worksharp Pro Precision Adjust ran through the diamond plates 400/600/800/ceramic and stropped.

Its a great little system for the money. I just wish there was a 1000/1200 and 1500 grit plates.

I know gritomatic makes a stone holder for universal 1x6" plates for this system which may be something ill be looking into soon - or ill buy the new Haptstone or a TSprof system

I had the original Precision Adjust and was always satisfied with the edges I got from it, though I did get a lapping film kit from Etsy which really took it to the next level.

I do have to say I upgraded to a TsProf and it is a much more enjoyable system, but I don't have any basis for comparison to the Pro Precision Adjust.

Calling all experts!

Yesterday afternoon I received a small Seb 21, made August 8, 2008. Pre-Idaho Made stamp. This knife is pretty special to me because the birth date is significant, and the knife is identical to the first high end knife (beyond Benchmade, Spyderco, and Microtech) I ever purchased. I bought and then traded an identical Sebenza here on Bladeforums back in 2009 when I was a 17 year old with a part time job, no bills, and a budding knife obsession. Ended up trading it for a large regular Seb in BG-42, and ended up trading that for something else. I've always kind of wished I had those two back and now I'm half way there.

Anyway, I'm trying to jog my memory because I almost seem to remember the same situation on that Seb back in 2009 but I can't tell if it is just confirmation bias on my part. 2008 was the last year of the classic Sebenzas and first year of the 21. The knife I just received has a blade stamped "C" which would indicate classic. Can anyone confirm that some leftover classic blades were used in the new 21 model until stock ran out and they changed to the "S" stamp for S30V?

The new knife:

My first Sebenza, 2009:

Calling all experts!

Yesterday afternoon I received a small Seb 21, made August 8, 2008. Pre-Idaho Made stamp. This knife is pretty special to me because the birth date is significant, and the knife is identical to the first high end knife (beyond Benchmade, Spyderco, and Microtech) I ever purchased. I bought and then traded an identical Sebenza here on Bladeforums back in 2009 when I was a 17 year old with a part time job, no bills, and a budding knife obsession. Ended up trading it for a large regular Seb in BG-42, and ended up trading that for something else. I've always kind of wished I had those two back and now I'm half way there.

Anyway, I'm trying to jog my memory because I almost seem to remember the same situation on that Seb back in 2009 but I can't tell if it is just confirmation bias on my part. 2008 was the last year of the classic Sebenzas and first year of the 21. The knife I just received has a blade stamped "C" which would indicate classic. Can anyone confirm that some leftover classic blades were used in the new 21 model until stock ran out and they changed to the "S" stamp for S30V?

The new knife:

My first Sebenza, 2009:

I'm aware of the history & timeline thread, but it doesn't answer my question. According to the information there, I have a Sebenza 21 with a Sebenza Classic blade. I'm asking if it is known amongst collectors/this community whether some of the last Sebenza Classic blades were put into the new 21 model. It makes sense but I'd feel better with some confirmation.

Calling all experts!

The new knife:

My first Sebenza, 2009:

There was some overlap, where CRK was using up the old parts already stamped. Classic and 21 blades are interchangeable.

Back