The REK Knives Random Talk & NHL Network ... Lace 'em up

Since this thread was started for talking "shit"...name this poop I just found on the driveway when I came out of the woods. Crushed gravel, note the hair, shape and texture.

View attachment 2280376

Ewe! Did you taste it?

It’s really the only way to know for sure.

Last edited:
REK Knives REK Knives

Josh, what are you doing (or have you done) about that big hunk o' tree hanging over the house?

Nathan texted me this morning and said they lost power for about 5 or 6 hours last night and there was a tornado in his area. He has a generator fortunately.

They sheltered in the basement for a while. Lot of big limbs down, but no trees down or hitting his house.
I'm not sure... I gotta try calling someone, it's about 50ft up so I can't reach it to cut it lol.

wow, yeah for a min I thought we were in a tornado as crazy as it was. fortunately we didn't lose power though

I was gonna guess coyote 😅

That is the majority opinion both on this site and on another firearms related site I frequent.

Pretty brazen to stop on my driveway and take a dump in daylight. Usually I only see them running from our woods across to a neighboring property.

Love to listen to them at night while I walk the dog. (Headlamp providing the only light.)

Just posted this on the CPK forum in response to someone saying they like blue / black scales, and I thought I would post it here for fans of small but useful fixed blades.

This is a small forged piece, (1084), called the "EBK" from master smith Ed Caffrey which I purchased many moons ago.

It can be carried on the belt or in the pocket. Blade is a hair under 3" to the plunge line.

CaffreyEBK2.jpg

Well... Ended up taking the entire tree down instead of just the branch! They climbed it the entire time - did not use any bucket truck at all! Was impressive to say the leastPXL_20230831_142041644.jpgPXL_20230831_153930007.jpgPXL_20230831_172246809~2.jpg
i-dNvH8kV-X2.jpg

Back