VERY Strange going on....

I was browsing the For Sale Fixed Blades (Individual) subforum and was checking out this thread:

Cold Steel Carbon V knives for sale plus one cheapo (not CV) from China

The thread was started by: gsyoung54 or so it says in the thread.

which lists some knives I never heard of (or maybe forgot about), when I clicked on the first link to look at a pic, it opened to another tab, and then the notice:

The active user has changed etc. and that page showed a user login name of: charliedontsurf

while the page also said Oops something went wrong.

I have never encountered such a thing before. There is definitely a problem here.

Spark Spark

Blues Blues

rycen rycen

and/or other Mods.

A few minutes ago, another thread, same title, was posted, the logged in user name changed to:

adluginb

They're clearly coming for you...

Seriously though that is weird.

Issue 1. He likely did something that triggered the spam filters. Once triggered, they take the thread offline until a human mod can look at it and determine if it was a spam attempt. Once approved, the thread will reappear. But until a super logs in and looks at it, you won't be able to look at the thread, and the forum will say, "OOPS" if you click a link that leads to that thread. You've been here long enough that you may remember the spam surge of a few years back, when we ended up with wall to wall spam threads. The filters keep that sort of thing from happening.

Issue 2. Per the rules for the exchange, a seller is limited to posting one sales thread per exchange forum per day. When someone does an OOPS and posts two threads on the same day, the threads get merged. If the poster develops a habit of OOPSes, they get a warning for it. Looks like his two threads have been merged.

knarfeng knarfeng

Thanks for the reply. I guess that explains it. However, there were a number of years that I was very inactive here, so what you described happened sometime during those years evidently, so I missed it.

Even so, it's good to know this has happened before, and while new to me, it's not unprecedented.

Thanks again.

Back