Victorinox One Hand Trekker

Anyone besides me wish the One Hand Trekker has a slipjoint versus a lock, a spear point versus that.. and a non serrated blade? I really feel like it shouldn't have a lock, or at least a slipjoint option
Any thoughts?

I'm okay with the lock. I could take it or leave it, but I agree with the rest. Non-serrated, V-edge spear point is perfect. I'm on my second one, and like my first (which I gave away) it is slowly becoming a non-serrated blade, at which point it will be a V-edge.

ouBKotx.jpg

I wish the tip was a bit more pointy, but other than that, no complaints. I like that it locks.

I wish the tip was a bit more pointy

With a diamond file, it wouldn't take too much work to make the tip of the blade more pointed. I've used diamond files to modify SAK tools before, including the blades. You could also use sandpaper or a coarse stone. It's a similar process to how people modify Moras to have a flat spot on the spine for striking a ferro rod. You would just file the end of the spine at the tip, or run it across an abrasive surface until the tip is angled the way you want it.

The Adventurer is the Trekker but without the wood saw. The Trekker with plain edge, no OH, is also available.

If you don't like the liner lock, it should be possible to find older models (maybe not the Trekker) with the now, discontinued, slide-lock.

The Adventurer is the Trekker but without the wood saw. The Trekker with plain edge, no OH, is also available.

If you don't like the liner lock, it should be possible to find older models (maybe not the Trekker) with the now, discontinued, slide-lock.
Oops. Thanks for catching that.

I did an article way back in 2001 when they first came out. Took it with me on a Training mission to Afghanistan in April/May 2002. Had to cut some WD-1 Comms Wire and kind of messed up the forward serrations which I did not really like anyway. Took my EZE-LAP diamond hone and sharpened the serrations off. Still carrying it daily, except a lot of the blade has been sharpened off, but I have a standby one in my desk drawer. John

Back