War Grip Services - Costs/Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

os_tempore

Wargrip & Cerakote
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
We are open to individuals, blade smiths, and other businesses. Our current capacity is 200 blades per week for non-artistic Cerakote and 500 blades per week for War Grip traction aid. Our cerakote oven can accommodate up to 20 48" swords. If your order requires more capacity, please contact us.

All payments can be made with Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, cash, gold, silver, bitcoin, and sometimes on a trade basis.

Costs:
Wargrip:
$40 per set of scales or equivalent. Black and OD Green available in any of the three levels. Volume discounts and customizing available.

Cerakote:
Single color of E, H, C, or NIR series. The paintable length is the measurement basis for blades. Volume discounts available. Send just the item/parts you want coated.

Blades:
4" or less = $15
>4" to 8" = $18
>8" to 12" = $21
>12" to 16" = $25
>16" or for artwork, Message me.

Liners = $15 (including screws)
Scales = $10 per side (including screws)
Hardware/Bolster/weird stuff = Contact us

War Grip:

War Grip was created as an aggressive and permenant traction aid for everyone that needs a secure grip on their tools. We currently have three levels of traction, and limited edition versions such as OD green etc. Each level is suited towards tactical situations where slips cannot happen or EDC where a less aggressive finish is permissable. Wargrip is a patented process. We sell kits of and install wargrip. ***Flexible items will not work with War Grip - see website for more details.

---------------------------------------------------------

Cerakote:
This finish speaks for itself. It is extremely tough, corrosion resistant, and comes in variety of colors. It has been proven in Martine, aviation, military and other industries. We have a wide selection on hand, including the night vision version. No worries if we don't have it on hand and you want it, we can get it.

For bladesmiths: Standard acid or electro etching will not work on a Cerakoted blade due to chemical resistance and electrical insulation. Engravings, laser, stamping, and other physical manipulation of material will work, but must be at least 0.1mm or 0.0035" deep. Generally, flexible items cannot be Cerakoted - but if you want to try, I'm willing to give it a shot on a sample piece. Hard durometer rubber can sometimes work depending on application.

*******This is big news for military, LEO, contractors and those needing Night vision signature reduction - you no longer need command level pre-authorization******* Gen 2 NiR coatings are available for your gear, as long as you're in the US. Gen 2 NiR (near infrared reduction) is a specialty coating that effectively reduce the IR signature of your item - rendering them much less visible to night vision devices while having the toughness and resistances of H series cerakote! Gen 2 NiR coatings can be camouflaged or a single colored. I'm excited about this because For the last decade-ish, Gen 2 NiR coatings were only available to the military and agencies via command level requisition requests. With that edict gone, soldiers, contractors, and US citizens can now have the benefits of Gen 2 NiR coatings without the paperwork nightmare and command approval that was once needed. I will ship to FPO/APO boxes and residents of the US, but Gen 2 NiR coated items may still fall under ITARS and CANNOT be shipped outside of the US to non-citizens.

Cerakote Colors:
There are a lot of Cerakote colors available. I have a good amount of them. I will list available colors in another thread. If you want a color or Cerakote specialty (V-series) that I do not have, contact me and we will work something out. It helps both of us.

Shipping:
You cover shipping costs to and from my shop. I'm in Kentucky.

Prepping your knife or item:
Remove anything that's removable. Send us only the part you want cerakoted for the quickest turnaround and lowest cost. If your handle is permenantly connected, we can still cerakote it. While most items can withstand 250F-300F temperatures (we do have a few non-heat cured cerakote finishes), it's best to ask your bladesmith or research the materials to make sure. We are not all-knowing-all-seeing and cannot know everything about your knife or item. Preparation does include sand blasting. With that said, any makers mark that is not engraved will likely come off. Markings that remove or press into the material are generally viable and are viewable after coating. As with most things, the deeper the better.

Parts we do:
Anything that will fit in our sandblast cabinet and oven. Heck, I'll even Cerakote your kitchen sink! But I will NOT do anything that is firearms related with Cerakote or War Grip. In 2011 the ATF made Cerakoting a gunsmith activity because they determined it increases the durability of the firearm. As such you need a gunsmith license to apply it to anything that's gun related, and I don't got one! Please, don't ask for a favor or send me any gun related item, I am not flexible on this. I do sell War Grip in kits for you to install on whatever item you so choose.

About me:
I am the third generation of painters in my family. During my apprenticeship I was solely responsible for spray finishing exotic finishes in homes along with R&D of new finishes. About 2016 I started to Cerakote my own items as I was getting too many destroyed parts from other cerakote painters. Since then, I have offered my services to others and enjoy doing it.

Message me if you have a question. You're supporting a DV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back