Welcome to the Sharp & Fiery Leathercraft and Knifeworks Sub! A place to shoot the breeze.

Wasn’t sure what thread to post this in…so general discussion it is!!

Had REK Knives REK Knives make me some specialized leather knives to my specs. They turned out great and work even better!!!

Let’s turn the projects to maximum now! 😂🤣
View attachment 1865724

Question: Does anyone want me to do WIP threads? Or no interest?
Those look great Coleman! Great work REK Knives REK Knives !!! I’m also a yes to WIP thread/posts.

Wasn’t sure what thread to post this in…so general discussion it is!!

Had REK Knives REK Knives make me some specialized leather knives to my specs. They turned out great and work even better!!!

Let’s turn the projects to maximum now! 😂🤣
View attachment 1865724

Heck yes on the WIP thread, nice to document your progressio.😉

ron-pearlman-the-goon.gif

Does anyone remember when a Lochsa was $1800 and a CRK was $500?

Those were the days.

I remember when CRK was under $500 in the late-ish 90's. I'm pretty sure my Regular came in under that in 1998.

Never owned a Lochsa.

The 'zaan's that Spark was selling this week were $500. So...

I remember when CRK was under $500 in the late-ish 90's. I'm pretty sure my Regular came in under that in 1998.

I happened to go through my boxes last night and came across a check I wrote in August, 1998 for a Large "Regular" with a Roguard coating, which was a popular choice back then. The check was for $320.00

I didn't end up getting it with the Roguard, and so when I spoke to Anne Reeve, (who the dealer sent me to in order to fulfill the order after the fact), they made up the difference with one of the belt sheaths and whatever else might have been included...as they were paid directly from the dealer who was no longer part of the transaction for whatever reason.

So, the price for the large Sebenza alone would have been below $300, I imagine. I don't recall what the leather "G Feller" cases were going for back then.

The one and only Regular I bought, I paid $500CAD. (No box, but brand new) So I put it in my pocket and started using it.

Best knife decision I ever made.

I’m still scratching my head on how they are worth $1200+USD though. Haha.

I bought a new large and small Inkosi when they first came out for $400.00 ish.
I wasn't happy with the S35VN heat treat so off they went.
Same for a small Sebenza years ago.

I actually went through my box o' treasures last week. I know it's not nearly as many as other guys here, but I had like 40 folders, and 16 sheath knives (this didn't include kitchen knives). I sold 5 to pay for the new buck knives/Larrin Thomas collaboration. So I was able to attain a small reduction.

Unfortunately most of my accumulation consists of simple working class blades, and the ones with any value get used pretty hard.

Plus there's a bunch that were gifted to me or are family heirlooms, so there's little hope of reducing my numbers too much further.

I'm half of yours WW but mostly all customs and/or gifts. Has gotten to the point that some of these are actually unused. That is silly to my way of thinking. Too many knives still and there are no heirs. I will need to pass these along sooner than later. :(

I actually went through my box o' treasures last week. I know it's not nearly as many as other guys here, but I had like 40 folders, and 16 sheath knives (this didn't include kitchen knives). I sold 5 to pay for the new buck knives/Larrin Thomas collaboration. So I was able to attain a small reduction.

Unfortunately most of my accumulation consists of simple working class blades, and the ones with any value get used pretty hard.

Plus there's a bunch that were gifted to me or are family heirlooms, so there's little hope of reducing my numbers too much further.

You obviously need to go into accumulation phase.

I have way more than I need...but as long as it doesn't interfere with any other "legitimate" expenses, needs or wants...it's a non-issue. If I don't distribute 'em beforehand, my wife will after the fact.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy having them around.

I'm half of yours WW but mostly all customs and/or gifts. Has gotten to the point that some of these are actually unused. That is silly to my way of thinking. Too many knives still and there are no heirs. I will need to pass these along sooner than later. :(
I do have a few sheath knives that are unused. Mostly because they're on standby for the day a need arises.
You obviously need to go into accumulation phase.

I have way more than I need...but as long as it doesn't interfere with any other "legitimate" expenses, needs or wants...it's a non-issue. If I don't distribute 'em beforehand, my wife will after the fact.

In the meantime, I'll enjoy having them around.
I've been in the accumulation phase for most of my life...🤣 I've just finally learned that the mythical "one" doesn't actually exist, although I have settled into something of a groove with my daily carry that's close.

My bills are mostly paid on time*, and the kids don't go without food or clothes. I quit drinking just over a year and a half ago, so that's given me a bit more discretionary income for the knife hobby.

*It's the repair and fuel bills that tend to eat into things. Every now and then I'll be late on something in favor of keeping equipment rolling. It's an unfortunate symptom of being self-employed, and running older machines. A couple times a year I consider getting a "real" job again, but I'd lose the flexibility that allows me to help my elderly grandparents, and spend time with my kids. So I stick it out...

Curious what clip point you added ... 🤔

Well JJ, I’m ashamed to say I went with a Civivi. However, with the price of our dollar, it was what I could afford at the time and I really wanted to also try a ring knife out…

Already put into use…bugout for size reference.
18A9D763-4A83-4CF2-BFD5-23DF8C2C5F99.jpeg

Well JJ, I’m ashamed to say I went with a Civivi. However, with the price of our dollar, it was what I could afford at the time and I really wanted to also try a ring knife out…

Already put into use…bugout for size reference.
View attachment 2310359
I can't speak to it as I don't own any myself, but I know a couple guys that really like the Civivis they bought. That's not a bad looking knife, hopefully you like it.

I do own a couple clip points, but it's probably the least used style for me.

Back