What 112's To Get NOW

bucksway

Gold Member
I've chased the oddball 112's since 2007 and have been gratified to see the 112 finally come into it's own as a collectable and more importantly as a user in just the last 5 years or so. I don't know what actual sales figures are at Buck but for SURE prices on EBay, number of varietys in steels and handles for LE's and rare and limited runs has increased faster and faster every year. The 112 has simply become more popular than it ever has. I get asked more each year on Facebook and from my friends in the BCCI about the 112 because I'm a known collector and have been displaying them over a dozen years now. I love the 112..
So I thought I would share what I think are the 112's to get NOW while they can still be found fairly easy. First I highly recommend buying NIB especially for more ordinary brass ebony versions. 2 dot to 4 if you like to collect by year or tang stamp only buy correct pristine knives. Condition is everything for this type. Prices have started to creep up the last few years as as more collect the 112 are chasing fewer nice knives. There's not many LE's from the 70's to 90's but again NIB pristine is the way to go.
Like all Bucks there ARE 'Blue Chip' 112's that were rare even back then.. Damascus of any kind BG-42 from 2002 Old Custom Shop numbered Bucks will ALWAYS be in demand. I like Employees knives from that era but documentation is non existent. Since so few early great knives come to market it's hard to know what to pay. Some are so rare you pay what is asked or wait years till another shows up if ever..and it might be more lolol!
I have always liked odd and unusual 112's and valued them more than other folks but I'm outside the norm. I think as the 112 becomes more popular the factory Stag horn of all kinds,LE's and limited runs,Blue Chips of all kinds will keep going up in value but more importantly there's just not many out there.
On Customs I tend to value by what it would cost to build it now by a known Maker. Rare blades and materials will impact that..Try to find a 112 Damascus blade. Buy the very best complete package you can find on less rare 112's as condition is what makes it 'Collectable'..

Blue Chip Too !! I was feeling philosophical about collecting and in the last month or two have been asked my opinion on what to get and price checks so I started this thread.. I know the 112 will never be as popular as the 110 but I'm almost shocked by just how many folks have been using them posting about them the last 3-4 years. Buck has released more (and better!) LE's the last 3 years than ever before. So sales MUST be increasing. Still can't get any drop point in the Custom shop tho...

The 112 always made me wonder?

Why does it cost more than a 110? Pay more get less, had to hurt 112 sales.

Why did the 112 get that cool front bolster, but the 110 did not?

Why did the 110 have a nail nick, but the 112 for a long time did not?

I’ve tried to love the 112, but ever time I open one, I think wow that blade is short! I think its a muscle memory thing. I’m just so used to the 110. Ironically I don’t find the handle to be short. Go figure?

I don’t have any advice about your collection, but I enjoy your posts, and envy your dedication to such a focused collection.

Last edited:
Good post, Clint, thanks, I just ordered the Koa BCCI 112. Thought I had it but didn't find it in the pile.

I agree that BCCI 112 is a keeper.

A custom shop 112 is also a good choice.
They're not going to get cheaper.
Let's see some pics of those, if you can. I've been wondering about that one but the stock photo doesn't move me so much.

Your welcome!!

I get not wanting to spring for a knife without really seeing it.

Maybe I got a good one, but I'm really pleased with it.

Same blade steel/shape as the Vintage Tribute knife, with better looking wood.
At less than 1/2 the price.

Price any Custom shop knife with any upgrade and compare costs.....

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:
Back