What Buck are you carrying today?

The other 'Plan B'!
184 from October '85-December '86, first of the forged blades.
This one has seen a fair bit of use, tip has been broken off, didn't need it anyway, BL is 7 and 1/8th.
Blade shape is more like the M9 now.
There was a bit of corrosion and light pitting on the ricasso and handle I removed with a wire brush.
Serrations still need a little tune-up, but the main edge is back to shaving sharp.
Sheath is one I made for a Randall Model 14, now remade to take this 'boat anchor'!
e48f22ih.jpg

Who makes that pocket slip, and does it work well? I like my 110, but don't carry it as much as I'd wish. This could help that.
I bought it on Etsy from seller Cedar Grove Leather, but it doesn't look like they have anything available currently. It's really nice, the leather is very thin so it weighs almost nothing but it holds the 110 perfectly. I don't care for belt carry unless I'm in the woods, so this option is usually how I carry them. Another seller you might try on Etsy is Grey Wolf Leather PNW, I have a 112 sheath just like this from them and it's good quality/lightweight also.

W9u9pfn.jpg

Y4KCdRv.jpg

Still and/or yet. (sorry 2b such a bore. 😁)
Of the five 110's I have access 2, I believe this is the prettiest.

I don't see it getting switched out any tyme "soon" ... unless I change pocket carry to 1095 ... I might swap in the "oak" and 5160 I have then .... or not ...
Is it against the rules (or protocol) to carry tyme proven classic carbon steel and that new fangled "stainless" steel at the same time? 🤔

Still and/or yet. (sorry 2b such a bore. 😁)
Of the five 110's I have access 2, I believe this is the prettiest.

I don't see it getting switched out any tyme "soon" ... unless I change pocket carry to 1095 ... I might swap in the "oak" and 5160 I have then .... or not ...
Is it against the rules (or protocol) to carry tyme proven classic carbon steel and that new fangled "stainless" steel at the same time? 🤔
That’s beautiful! My favorite stealth run so far. A perfect combination in my opinion. I’m determined to find one someday.

Back