What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

his little Spud is fresh off the bench!

i4ZGG1D.jpg

sxVNvc2.jpg

yLbfxOV.jpg

3edUJrh.jpg

tFVEHQL.jpg

cool! look forward to seeing you on the floor in Atlanta!

his little Spud is fresh off the bench!

i4ZGG1D.jpg

sxVNvc2.jpg

yLbfxOV.jpg

3edUJrh.jpg

tFVEHQL.jpg
With the holes in the sheath, what am I looking at?
It almost looks like something was pressed into and through the leather, then removed?
Or is there a tube in there that I am not seeing? Almost looks like it's for a belt clip, and the hardware is missing, or grommets are missing? Always curious about that?
I want to start doing some leather work for bags, wallets, etc.
Thanks.

cool! look forward to seeing you on the floor in Atlanta!
ah, Blade is graduation time so I'll be staying local this year. But I do plan on attending the CPK get together in the fall, maybe you can make it, too?
It almost looks like something was pressed into and through the leather, then removed?
Or is there a tube in there that I am not seeing? Almost looks like it's for a belt clip, and the hardware is missing, or grommets are missing? Always curious about that?
Thanks.
one inch spaced for various pocket clips, also offers a place to mount a belt loop which would be made separately. Really, though, this knife fits nice in the pocket without a clip.

Thanks.

He breaks the holes in with chicago screws after he waxes the sheath. Gets them compressed and ready for whatever clip the end user wants to add. The real trick is how he's designing the extra space for the holes on the welt while maintaining his stitch line.

Almost finished with this one. 80Crv2 with a forced patina. Noticed when I took the pics that one of the pins is a little proud so I’ll have to knock it down and touch up the handle. Other than that it’s done.
IMG_0396.jpegIMG_0403.jpeg

It's actually a 3D print, that pattern might be the infill pattern showing through but I'm not sure. The printer is awesome for prototyping and all sorts of other shop stuff.
Are you 3D printing metals?

We've been 3D printing plastic prototypes. I consider a 3D printer to be a requirement in our shop.

Chuck

Back