What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

I also have frogwood for them.

image.jpg

Got it at the Home Depot of all places. Maple is a wonderful wood for knife handles. What it lacks in “pizazz”, as far as fancy grain and what not, it more than makes up in durability and moisture resistance.

Allowing myself another R&D knife build. Recurves are known for their cutting power but also for being harder to sharpen. So how about a subtle one that keeps the former and minimizes the latter? This is the Sirupetite, in Suretouch, with a new texture idea using a tapered bit. Angled for both pull cuts and thrusts. It’s almost done, and coming home with me shortly.

IMG-6970.jpg

The search for a productive week continues. All spoken for. And this closes the door on any other knives to be started this week.

IMG-7028.jpg
4th down on the left side in the pic....that's interesting design I dont think I've seen you tackle before. just a tiny bit of Al Mar influence....I mean the man himself designs not the Chinese run company today....

whats blade length on that one just over 4" range?

i know or maybe better said, think, David's already working on a bunch of knives but maybe down the road in slower times....a small run of these, unless its a custom custom and not meant to be made more than once.....

Back