What's that you're eating?

IMG-6616.jpg

......More info needed..........😍
Bangladeshi/Indian place near me named Fatima's Fusion Flavors that serves a few really unique dishes.

The cheese was really nice and saucy and the chicken has a nice, smoky tandoor flavor. It's something you could make a home version of with some Kraft Mac and Cheese and some Tandoori chicken from your local Indian restaurant. It was a combo that I never would have thought of, but it was really good.

I’ve been on a more healthy breakfast kick lately, perhaps it’s that time of season, or perhaps my body is instinctively craving this food group.

Regardless, it tastes good, easy to make, and I really enjoy the outdoors tranquility at this early time of morning all by myself.

Posted before in various CPK thread, but not here in my favorite CPK food thread 👍

IMG_3927.jpeg
IMG_3960.jpeg
IMG_4014.jpeg

Attended a Portuguese Bloodless Bullfight in Turlock, CA this past Sunday.

This is a Beef Stew that was served for a donation of whatever you wanted to pay. I paid $5 and it was a great deal!!!

0n4G2re.jpg

Here are some photos of the bullfight . . .

First is the cast of characters -- 3 riders on horseback , 3 matadors, 2 "suicide squads" of 12 each & the roundup crew in white:

FD32lV6.jpg

Unlike regular bullfights, most of the action is between the rider on horseback & the bull. The rider maneuvers around the bull with the horse and tries to place velco banderillas (decorated darts) on the back of the bull.

GWm46n8.jpg

I found this stage of the Portuguese bullfight the most interesting because of the speed & agility of the horses who have been trained to quickly gallop, canter, backup & side step as necessary to maneuver around & away from the bull.

In a real bullfight, the riders on horseback are the picadors who stab the bull in the back with long spears to weaken it before the matador attempts to place spear pointed banderillas in the back of the bull after doing their cape work & before the bull is killed w/a sword thru its spine.

In the Portuguese bullfight, the matadors are there primarily to distract the bull from the horse:

Bfx0INu.jpg

After the rider on horseback is done and the bull is tired out running around trying to gore the horse, the "Suicide Squad" takes over.

The lead man of the 8 (out of 12) man squad, faces down the bull and provokes it to charge him head on.

The lead man then grabs the bull's horns and puts his weight on the bull's head forcing it down. The rest of the squad then surrounds and contains the bull while one of them grabs its tail.

The rest of the squad then releases the bull which does circles while trying to reach the man holding onto its tail and after a few revolutions the last man lets go of the tail and the fight is over:

fI0hv85.jpg

I prefer real Spanish style bullfights to this but it's all that is allowed in CA & it was interesting to see.

Last edited:
Back