What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

I thought about getting a 4 Max Scout , but I m very happy with my Large Voyager. Same size and materials as the Scout but about half the weight. Plenty durable for my outdoor work over the last couple of years. Based on my use of other Cold Steel models, I expect the expect the Voyager to last forever with proper care.

T7M6369h.jpg

I was in annual training at the PD, and playing with my 4Max like a fidget spinner. Coworker saw and was laughing about the size. Till he held it…..he instantly fell in love so I gifted him an extra scout I had.

So now I need to replace my scout…..

Boo.

Last edited:
Over the last couple weeks, I’ve been rotating through my most recent CS acquisitions (some are re-acquisitions). Recon 1, AD10, Bush Ranger, and 4Max Scout.

As much of a chonk as the 4Max Scout is, I actually find it pretty easy carrying (as long as I’m wearing my belt) and enjoy it immensely, but most of the time lately, I find one of the AD10’s or the Bush Ranger ending up in my pocket.

SRK in Aus 8 Stainless, made in Japan, 2007-10 as it has, what's left of it, the smooth black coating.
Later versions, 2014, had a more of a matt finish to the coating.
Little pouch has a DMT 600 grit diamond plate for a quick fix out in the sticks. Ferro rod on the side.
Awesome little 'Truck knife' that is as dependable as the sunrise.
My only Cold steel knife I own now, but what a good one! :thumbsup:
UzGIk5hh.jpg

So, in my continuing CS bargain quest, today I received a Spartan with the newer, full flat ground AUS10 blade. Like everything else I’ve received lately, it totally lives up to the CS tradition of big, durable, and kinda out there.

The wraparound kopis-style grip does fit my hand well, and is obviously purpose driven, but obviously also super limiting. I do like the blade shape and size. I can certainly see how the smooth g10 of the green LT limited edition version would make a way nicer feeling grip, but this one is not bad by any means. I just didn’t want a fully serrated blade or I would have gotten one of those.

It won’t get carried more than the other, more practical recent acquisitions, but like a lot of CS offerings, it’s not all about practicality. lol.

Back