Zulu in African Blackwood.

T.Knotts

Joes Knife-01.jpeg
What better to dress a Zulu(ish) than African Blackwood?? (I'm not really sure if it can be considered a Zulu with this style handle?)

I love working with Blackwood. Finishes so nicely and goes well with just about anything. Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques welcome.

Also trying to come up with a standard photo format. What do you think of this? Need more pics? Lose the writing?

Thanks Scott. I called it a Zulu but not really sure it fits the definition. So what ever it is I was happy with the outcome lol.

Thanks Scott. I called it a Zulu but not really sure it fits the definition. So what ever it is I was happy with the outcome lol.

Call it whatever you want Tim, it's looks fantastic!
I'd like it if you called it mine! :eek::thumbsup:

Perfection!! I love single blade spear points, then add the AB...awsome.

I do like your photo layout and fonts as well, nice!

That things beautiful Tim, the long Bomb shield, Blackwood and the Zulu would have been my picks exactly.

I'd go with less text, maybe something like this. Your market is going to recognize NS I think.

3.5 Closed
6.125 OAL
African Blackwood
NS Bolsters & Liner
As far as I know, a Zulu is similar to a spearpoint but the tip is below the centerline. I'd call it a Zulu, might be a good question for the traditional forum:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks all!
That would work perfect John. I agree that with text less is more (see what I did there?).
This is probably my favorite handle combo, with the AFB, NS and the long bomb. My fav blade is probably a spear with a long pull.

That is beautiful. I'm trying to pare my collection down to only what I really need. If I had something like that I would make 100% sure that I found a need.

That is beautiful. I'm trying to pare my collection down to only what I really need. If I had something like that I would make 100% sure that I found a need.

Thanks! This one is being sent to a buddy, He hasn't seen it yet so I'm anxious to see what he thinks of it.

And how do you decide which knives to get rid of? Don't they all have uses? Lol (at least I make up uses for them all anyways)

I only have knives that I really like/love. I have a lot more of them than I get to really appreciate. Sometimes somebody says or does something that makes me think "hey, he (or she) may appreciate this as much as I do and may not know it."
That's the only way I know how to do it.

I only have knives that I really like/love. I have a lot more of them than I get to really appreciate. Sometimes somebody says or does something that makes me think "hey, he (or she) may appreciate this as much as I do and may not know it."
That's the only way I know how to do it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think I only have 2 knives that I've made. Ive given a lot away. I have 2 (now 3) knives that I love. 1 is a SAK that I got for Christmas probably 15 years ago. And it was just last year that it got washed and I lost the toothpick and tweezers....plus the dryer does a hell of a job on the red plastic scales. The wife felt had so she bought me an Alox Farmer this Christmas. The other is a Camillus TL-29. It's just like the one my grandpap always carried. He got it from my dad when he was in the army in the early 70s. Other than that and a little camp neck knife I made, that's about all the knives I own (not including the different flavors of leathermans I have). I'll keep a few until I get around family or friends and end up trading them for something.

View attachment 1266481
What better to dress a Zulu(ish) than African Blackwood?? (I'm not really sure if it can be considered a Zulu with this style handle?)

I love working with Blackwood. Finishes so nicely and goes well with just about anything. Thanks for looking. Comments and critiques welcome.

Also trying to come up with a standard photo format. What do you think of this? Need more pics? Lose the writing?
Super looking piece, Sir :thumbsup:
Classic looks!
I agree with John about smaller text ( but I'd include the steel type). I like your logo on there :thumbsup:
As far as Zulu, here's a site with old blade profiles defined. I think John is correct, the point is dropped a bit more on a Zulu.
https://agrussell.com/encyclopedia/blade-shapes

Super looking piece, Sir :thumbsup:
Classic looks!
I agree with John about smaller text ( but I'd include the steel type). I like your logo on there :thumbsup:
As far as Zulu, here's a site with old blade profiles defined. I think John is correct, the point is dropped a bit more on a Zulu.
https://agrussell.com/encyclopedia/blade-shapes

Thank you sir! I don't know how I've never seen that website before. That is a great resource for blade shapes. Agree about the blade steel. Right now I primarily use O1 but in the future I'm sure that will change.

Back