• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

“SurvivorHand” ebay

Purchased 3 knives on EBay from seller SurvivorHand. Shows all 3 came together same day and box. When I opened only 2 knives was present. Contacted seller with info and seller ask for pictures. Haven’t heard back in days. Be very cautious of this seller. Why do all of these people question our “the customer's” integrity first? Like we are just a bunch of shady guys trying to get over on them. We send our money off of pictures that may or may not be real “trust”. Definitely a one sided relationship.anyway shady seller beware.

It's eBay, an entire ecosystem dedicated to people trying to get over on one another.

This is where I normally add something about that's why we have the exchange here, a place where members treat each other with respect and sell for fair prices....but that ship is leaving the harbor it seems.

I've purchased numerous things from survivor hand and never had any problems. Actually, if I'm looking for something on the bay and see that they have the item i'd opt to buy from them every time.

With that being said I've never had to contact them about a issue, so I can't say anything about customer service.

I can say that if someone messaged me saying that an item was missing, damaged or broken from something on eBay, I'd want some sort of verification as a seller. eBay can be a 💩show.

Hopefully it's just a fluke and your problem is resolved, OP.

This is where I normally add something about that's why we have the exchange here, a place where members treat each other with respect and sell for fair prices....but that ship is leaving the harbor it seems.
There's no perfect system.

Personally, I try to purchase from folks I either know, or recognize from discussions on the forum...as opposed to those who simply show up to take advantage of selling on the Exchange and contribute nothing to the community beyond that.

Checking their history of posts, their frequency and the time between them helps provide additional info regarding the integrity of the account...or the possibility of its having been hacked.

There's no perfect system.

Agreed. Honestly more of a jab at the flipping contingent than anything else.
Personally, I try to purchase from folks I either know, or recognize from discussions on the forum...as opposed to those who simply show up to take advantage of selling on the Exchange and contribute nothing to the community beyond that.
That's my strategy as well.
Checking their history of posts, their frequency and the time between them helps provide additional info regarding the integrity of the account...or the possibility of its having been hacked.

Great advice.

It's eBay, an entire ecosystem dedicated to people trying to get over on one another.

I

Back