“UPDATED” My 1,111(vertical) post GAW, Winner announced

Good morning everybody,

I have been in communication with Jack and with the state of affairs with his postal system he has graciously declined the winning of the knife. In agreement we have decided to pass this knife along to JonMcD JonMcD for his Son. I hope all will jump in and congratulate Jon’s Son on the win.

this whole thread has just increased my belief that there is no better than the Porch.

Thank you all for understanding.
Chuck

Last edited:
Good morning everybody,

I have been in communication with Jack and with the state of affairs with his postal system he has graciously declined the winning of the knife. In agreement we have decided to pass this knife along to JonMcD JonMcD for his Son. I hope all will jump in and congratulate Jon’s Son on the win.

this whole thread has just increased my belief that there is on better than the Porch.

Chuck

This is so great! This size knife is perfect for his first fixed blade. Thanks so much to Chuck, Jack Black Jack Black and meako meako for being a part of this gift for Sam. The porch generosity flowing into the McD house is getting a bit overwhelming!

Have a blessed day everyone!

Good morning everybody,

this whole thread has just increased my belief that there is no better than the Porch.

Chuck

This is so great! This size knife is perfect for his first fixed blade. Thanks so much to Chuck, Jack Black Jack Black and meako meako for being a part of this gift for Sam. The porch generosity flowing into the McD house is getting a bit overwhelming!

Thanks again Chuck, and I hope that your son enjoys the knife Jon. Thanks again to everyone, but most of all to Chuck, for this generous giveaway :) :thumbsup:

I hope it's ok for me to give my own current giveaway a plug. If you've ever made a single post in the Guardians thread, you're eligible, see the link in my sig line :thumbsup:

Good morning everybody,

Chuck

Thanks again Chuck, and I hope that your son enjoys the knife Jon. Thanks again to everyone, but most of all to Chuck, for this generous giveaway :) :thumbsup:

I hope it's ok for me to give my own current giveaway a plug. If you've ever made a single post in the Guardians thread, you're eligible, see the link in my sig line :thumbsup:

This is Awsome! Such a great place to come, smile enjoy such generous and kind folks!! Sure is a blessing to be here and to temporarily get our minds off the bad stuff all around us.

Congrats Jon McD, Sam (I have a son named Sam:cool::thumbsup:), Jon, Jack, and thanks to Chuck for an awsome GAW!

This is Awsome! Such a great place to come, smile enjoy such generous and kind folks!! Sure is a blessing to be here and to temporarily get our minds off the bad stuff all around us.

Congrats Jon McD, Sam (I have a son named Sam:cool::thumbsup:), Jon, Jack, and thanks to Chuck for an awsome GAW!

Thank you so much gentlemen!

Good morning everybody,

Chuck
Awesome!

One happy kid! Thanks so much chuck4570 chuck4570 for your generosity and to Jack Black Jack Black for directing the joy our way!

Chuck, you made Sam’s day with the addition of the flashlight and arrowheads. He was generous and let his sisters and his brother choose an arrowhead. He sprinted inside to get his spearhead necklace and got directly to work on sharpening a stick.

21D246DB-53AE-4A0D-AB2D-6068571CF550.jpeg AF8DDCE3-0C05-415B-A507-88962FAFC29E.jpeg

Last edited:
One happy kid! Thanks so much chuck4570 chuck4570 for your generosity and to Jack Black Jack Black for directing the joy our way!

Chuck, you made Sam’s day with the addition of the flashlight and arrowheads. He was generous and let his sisters and his brother choose an arrowhead. He sprinted inside to get his spearhead necklace and got directly to work on sharpening a stick.

View attachment 1392616 View attachment 1392617
Sam sure does look happy, looks like another porch dweller in the making. I can’t thank everyone enough for such a fun GAW. I wish I would of had a dozen to give away.

I have grandkids that I have started at that age and I find it such a joy. I have 9 boxes going, one for each of them and they are all traditional knives.

I almost forgot, just wait until you get that box of knives coming your way, then you will really see a bunch of smiles.

Last edited:
21d246db-53ae-4a0d-ab2d-6068571cf550-jpeg.1392616
af8ddce3-0c05-415b-a507-88962fafc29e-jpeg.1392617
Awesome. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I would like to extend my heart felt gratitude to everyone involved in this give. I received something today and I would like to share with everyone. This made my week and proves that the porch is the place to be.

With the insistence from Jack Black Jack Black Jack Black on his win that he didn’t want to be tied up in their postal system, his suggestion was to move the knife on to a deserving youth and he chose JonMcD JonMcD son Sam. I want to share the Thank You note Sam sent me.
upload_2020-8-11_20-37-39.jpeg

Seems like a fine young man you have there. You should be proud and you are doing a great job with him. If he wanted to write that note on his own he has had great influences in his life. Keep modeling those qualities to him and thank you.

I was proud of him for writing the card (gotta work on some spelling though!)!

I didn’t prompt him about passing the knife to his sons. He came up with that all his own. :D[/QUO
I was proud of him for writing the card (gotta work on some spelling though!)!

Back