0780 .... It came!

Wow. Perhaps I won't be getting my first Zt. Mine its supposedly on back order also. Ooh well, if that's the case I just saved $100 and it will be the only ZT that I will order. I have far more Kershaws and only one Spyderco but I might be a new Spydie fan. This release of this knife has been two years in the making and if one pre orders it you would surely think.that they would produce at least enough to fill those orders

Wow. Perhaps I won't be getting my first Zt. Mine its supposedly on back order also. Ooh well, if that's the case I just saved $100 and it will be the only ZT that I will order. I have far more Kershaws and only one Spyderco but I might be a new Spydie fan. This release of this knife has been two years in the making and if one pre orders it you would surely think.that they would produce at least enough to fill those orders

If you really want one they are out there. I got mine from another member over at the exchange.

They e-mail me...they are getting some in but moved back until september.

Thanks so much CML. From what I have been reading I am not sure we even want one. Seems like they have a lot of blems.

Thanks so much CML. From what I have been reading I am not sure we even want one. Seems like they have a lot of blems.

I don't personally think a lot of those "issues" are blems to be honest. I'm happy with mine and it has no problems.

What's the deal...every ZT I want to purchase ends up getting discontinued. First the MUDD and now the 780!

It came.............It went! I didn't even get a chance to blink, LOL!!!!

Yeah I feel ya, well....if and when mine comes in, if it ain't perfect it will go back real quick, even at 92.00 bucks shipped!

Last edited:
I don't personally think a lot of those "issues" are blems to be honest. I'm happy with mine and it has no problems.

To be honest...if there wasn't any "blems" there would NOT be these issues we're hearing about! So you're telling us that they did this on purpose?

To be honest...if there wasn't any "blems" there would NOT be these issues we're hearing about! So you're telling us that they did this on purpose?

No, it's just a general rule in business...

If a customer has a bad experience, they will tell ten or more people.
If a customer has good experience, sadly they'll usually tell only a couple people.

This is why customer service is #1 for every successful company.

Whats happening here is that you are hearing about a few minor negative experiences out of the 100's of knives out there that are good. Besides, if you sent it to Kershaw they will fix it free of charge.

Seriously, the 780 feels Paramilitary 2ish some how..... and thats a pretty whicked knife!

If a customer has good experience, sadly they'll usually tell only a couple people.

Whats happening here is that you are hearing about a few minor negative experiences out of the 100's of knives out there that are good. Besides, if you sent it to Kershaw they will fix it free of charge.

Seriously, the 780 feels Paramilitary 2ish some how..... and thats a pretty whicked knife!

Not sure..but I'm hearing more negative comments then positive ones on this knife. And I'm not cancelling my order. I don't need to have a knife that feels like a para military 2, I have 2.

Not sure..but I'm hearing more negative comments then positive ones on this knife. And I'm not cancelling my order. I don't need to have a knife that feels like a para military 2, I have 2.

This is what I meant by
If a customer is happy, they will usually be pretty mild and meek about it. If a customer isn't happy YOU WILL hear about it.

What you are experiencing is exactly this... I'm sure there are WAY more positive feedbacks on the 0780 that just haven't been acknowledged.

It's an awesome knife. Video is uploading.

1410c3d6.jpg

728c027d.jpg

51b3f825.jpg

fcec0ed5.jpg

Last edited:

This is pretty true.

I'm always amazed how a few negative specific knife reviews on BF turns into a bigger ordeal than it really is. A manufacturer can turn out ten's of thousand's of a specific knife. 6 folks post here with bad news, and the brand is slipping as a whole...

Come on people...

Last edited:
Heres my vid.... blade is centered, and you can use both the thumbstuds and flipper. I actually prefer to use the studs.

Plus, I tried to get the glare so you could see that there is a little curve downwards for where your thumb naturally sits.

[video=youtube;JH-ut6ZOQ9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH-ut6ZOQ9g&feature=youtu.be&noredirect=1[/video]

This is pretty true.

I'm always amazed how a few negative specific knife reviews on BF turns into a bigger ordeal than it really is. A manufacturer can turn out ten's of thousand's of a specific knife. 6 folks post here with bad news, and the brand is slipping as a whole...

Come on people...

I do have to apologize for any uproar I may have started. Just figured folks would be interested to know what I received when I opened the boxes. Not that you were getting at me in particular, but I'll say (again, LOL) that aside from these cosmetic blemishes, I'm quite pleased overall. They're sturdy, sharp, feel great, lock up solid, etc. As good as my 0350, just with a few blems. I have to admit that, after a few days with them, the blems kind of lend a little individual character to each knife. In short, a wee bit let down initially, but they're very quickly growing on me. I'll be a ZT customer for a long while yet, once funds recover. ;)

Is there any chance that the 0780 will be sold in Europe?

I'd like to know this too. Were any 0780s shipped to European stores, or have any stores made preorders that have not yet been fulfilled?

Just received my 0780 in the mail today. It is my first zero tolerance, but surely not my last, as this knife oozes strength and build quality. My main concern with the 0780 was tip strength. However, when compared to my Paramilitary, the 0780 maintains its spine thickness for a greater percentage of the blade to make up for it being so thin. Not a prybar, but the tip is still functional and the thin blade allows the 0780 to maneuver where wider blades cannot. Ergos are great for my medium sized hands, and the liner lock (my least favorite lock) is rock solid and smooth as butter. Blade opens easily with the flipper and a flick of the wrist, or via the slanted thumb studs. AMAZING low ride clip, blade disappears in the pocket, yet remains easy to remove. Fit and finish were on point and it arrived shaving sharp. I think I can put ZT on Spyderco's level, meaning if I like the specs, materials and blade shape, I can feel safe making the purchase without EXTENSIVE research into QC issues and the like. All in all, a very satisfied customer.

I'd like to know this too. Were any 0780s shipped to European stores, or have any stores made preorders that have not yet been fulfilled?

Okay, it seems that I'll be answering this myself...at least one british online store has the 0780 in stock right now. And one finnish store will get a few by the end of month.

Back