• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

1" Round W1 For Sale

Got my 20 pieces today. Nice clean steel no mill scale

Deker your box was in pretty hard shape when it got here and started "leaking" when I took it from PO to car

Got my 20 pieces today. Nice clean steel no mill scale

Deker your box was in pretty hard shape when it got here and started "leaking" when I took it from PO to car

Glad it got there, sorry it wasn't in better shape. Looks like I'll be redesigning my packaging on the heavier orders. It all seemed pretty secure when it left here. My apologies for the inconvenience.

-d

Deker, I'll take a box of 20 please. That makes it $70 on the nose, correct? Drop me a pm.

--nathan

W1 is one of my favorite steels! And our buddy Deker is selling it cheap...jump on it guys. If I didn't already have 500# of it and 1200# of W2 I'd be buying some of this.

There has been some talk around various places that you can't get a great hamon in W1, but that's not been my experience. This is knife is W1...

orig.jpg

W1 is one of my favorite steels! And our buddy Deker is selling it cheap...jump on it guys. If I didn't already have 500# of it and 1200# of W2 I'd be buying some of this.

There has been some talk around various places that you can't get a great hamon in W1, but that's not been my experience. This is knife is W1...

Gorgeous knife Nick! Proof positive that you CAN get a good Hamon with W-1.

I think that about does it for this batch folks. I hope to be getting some more next week. I'll post once another batch is in.

Thanks,

-d

Thanks! I'm out and about right now. Posting from my phone. I'll get you the funds as soon as I get home.

--Nathan

Deker, no big problem for me. I am a happy camper. You might try taping the big batches together before you stick them in the box. That way they don't move around in the box as much.

PS: Guys, these are an ideal size for hand forging and small integrals

Deker, no big problem for me. I am a happy camper. You might try taping the big batches together before you stick them in the box. That way they don't move around in the box as much.

PS: Guys, these are an ideal size for hand forging and small integrals

Man, I learned this the hard way, shipping tons of W2:D We don't need to protect the steel bars but we do need to do all we can to make sure the box stays together and lose bars will destroy a card board box :eek:

Ill take 6 in the 5 buck flat rate box. Ill send pm for paypall info.

Thanks
Jerry Fisher

Sorry, didnt see that you just sent the last lot out. Ill catch some on the next batch.

Last edited:
Ill take 6 in the 5 buck flat rate box. Ill send pm for paypall info.

Thanks
Jerry Fisher

Sorry, didnt see that you just sent the last lot out. Ill catch some on the next batch.

Jerry, just sent you an email. I scrounged a few off of the shop floor for you, but that's REALLY it for this batch folks :)

-d

More 1" round is in, still $3/ea

I also have a small number of smaller rounds around 5/8" that would be great for integrals. They're not all 5/8" but they're within 1/8" or so of 5/8". If folks want I can measure them to give specific sizes, but they're pretty close. $2/ea

-d

deker, how many of these do you have left?

ill take 10 of the small ones.

You got it Andrew! I think that leaves me with about 10 more of the small ones for now. I'll check Monday and see if I can fit 10 of these into a small flat rate box for you.

jtknives said:
deker, how many of these do you have left?

JT,

Probably 60-80 of the 1" and 10 or so of the small ones. I have to get out into the shop and do a count, but I'm a bit under the weather today.

-d

Hey Deker,

I'll take ten of each. Shoot me a total and pay pal add.

Thanks, Greg

Hey Deker,

I'll take ten of each. Shoot me a total and pay pal add.

Thanks, Greg

PM inbound Greg. Thanks!

Until I get a count to double check, that does it for the small rounds folks! Still plenty of 1" round though.

-d

Back