1 Year Wedding Anniversary Getaway Locations?

Hey fellas, the wife and I have been trying to find a nice place to go for our wedding anniversary and we were thinking of somewhere tropical. I wanted to be able to go on a little wild excursion and bring along a khuk for when we are out in the jungle. But my main point of this post is, do any of you guys have some recommendations for our trip that wouldn't be too hard on the wallet but still beautiful and fun.

Can you get to anyplace tropical from Pennsylvania?

Several of my co workers are sold on Carribean Cruises. My wife likes Hawaii ALOT. I've not done either and probably never will, rather visit Wyoming but many are big fans of the tropics.

I know a Khukri is a big no no on a cruise ship. I cruised to Alaska, that was cool except I had to travel like a nekkid sheep, no weapons. I hate that.

One year huh?

We hit 30 in August. Don't mention this to the wife, I'm hoping it will come and go without notice myself.

Jamaica is always pretty reasonable. Must be because we've been there about 40 times.

British Virgin Islands are cool! I used to live there. The airport is not so fun but after you survive the landing everything is gorgeous. Tortola is the place to go. I know all the good place to go and the places not to go. You can hop a bareboat charter to neighboring islands like Little Thatch and see the wild donkeys on the beach or climb the highest mountain in the state park. I found the highest tree at the top of the highest mountain and climbed it till it was about to snap. I had a 360 degree viw of all the British and US VI's! Awesome experience. Bomba shack has a famous magic mushroom tea party every full moon on the beach and is truely an experience. You dont have to drink the tea if you dont want tho. Do a search "Bomba Shack Tortola". For newly weds this is an unforgettable experience. The beaches are clean and pristine unlike many other tourist attractions. Rent a 4WD and travel to all the bays and coves and sip the local rums, surf, hike, dance... You wont want to leave the place. Cabins on the beach...
Since your there you MUST go to Virgin Gorda and visit "The Baths". If you can imagine emptying a giant glass full of ice cubes on the beach made a volcanic rock and mangrove vines growing all in between the rocks and stuff then thats about what it looks like. There are all kinds of private beaches and grottos between them with pools of crystal clear water and fish in between. Really indescribable. Coolest place on earth that I know of:thumbup:
There are other islands like St. Vincent, St. Kitts, St. Maartin (half Dutch half French) that are really cool. If your on the Dutch side you must visit "The Horny Toad Lounge"...clothing optional:D I could go on forever about the West Indies....and the food! Yum freeking Yum! If you like fresh fish and real island food! Im ready to go back. Probably would if I didnt have grand kids planted here.

I had a ball in Amsterdamn, but you really need to be into expanding your consciousness through mind altering substances to get the most out of that place. I spent a week there and it was the best month of my life... Those who have expanded their consciousness will understand what I am saying.

I used to love Belize for jungle walking. It is one of those beautiful tropical resort places where the resorts are incredible, the small towns are hideous pest holes and slums and the jungle is real, untamed and comes right up to the resorts. Plus great scuba diving and beautiful beaches. And it used to be pretty reasonably priced and not a lot of worry that you might be kidnapped for ransom or your internal organs. Though I would do a lot of research before I go back after all these years.

Back