i think it`s made to be compatible with LG tek loks, if so, the spacing lengthwise should be 3" the width i`ll swag it at 2":)

So I hope it's ok for me to ask a dumb question here... Will the hole spacing of the esee pouch mount up to a large tek-lok directly on the back of it? If so I may have just found my new multitool sheath...been wanting a rig with a tek-lok for sometime now.

Yes and No. Two of the holes will line up on the same side of the pouch but not for the other side of the pouch... also, the pouch itself is soft (Cordura) so it won't hold shape/form without having a backing plate. If you want a piece of Kydex shaped exactly like the pouch, I have a design that is basically the size/shape of the pouch that holds a knife but I can also make a "blank" one that just holds the pouch and then I can make enough holes in the back of the adapter plate that the Tek-Lok will mount to.

Here's an example of what my Pouch-Sheaths look like for reference, in most cases it ends up being a "piggyback" on a larger sheath:

DSC07140-1.jpg

DSC07131-1.jpg

437e7298-383e-40f9-bdb1-2006e73edbf8_zps67a8f874.jpg

Here's one by itself mounted directly to a Lg. Tek-Lok, if there's no knife then I can do almost anything with the Tek-Lok mounting-wise:

601738_2007284.jpg

Any sheath that has the correct spacing can have a that pouch mounted to it but my design moves it to the bottom and with the rounded shape so there are no edges sticking out.

Eli

I don't get your "backing plate"... What's the difference between bolting it to a kydex sheath or to a kydex plate? Both will support the pouch..?

I don't get your "backing plate"... What's the difference between bolting it to a kydex sheath or to a kydex plate? Both will support the pouch..?

if i understand this correctly the hole spacing of the pouch across it won't match on the TL only lengthwise, on the sheaths he makes both match so it holds the pouch square(?)if you want the pouch bolt on the TL directly(like the guy above asks) you need a mounting plate with adjacent(?) holes

Yes both would support the pouch (anything with atleast four holes to line up with the pouch) but cknight98 isn't looking for an actual sheath.... he's wanting to use the pouch itself as a sheath for his multi-tool and he wants the pouch to be mounted to a lg. Tek-Lok so for his application it's just a backing plate that has four holes for the pouch and 4-8 holes for the Tek-Lok depending on how he wants it mounted + options.

if i understand this correctly the hole spacing of the pouch across it won't match on the TL only lengthwise, on the sheaths he makes both match so it holds the pouch square(?)if you want the pouch bolt on the TL directly(like the guy above asks) you need a mounting plate with adjacent(?) holes

Exactly, if he mounts the pouch to a Tek-Lok it'll only be attached on the top left corner, right corner, etc. and the rest of the pouch will be "floppy".

Eli

Back