11" Fort William ?

Like many others I like the Fort William Mk1 khukuri and I am aware that the 13" is the historical length but out of sheer curiosity I would like to know how the 11" shapes up and even better if anyone has photos of the 11" FW ?

We've certainly made quite a few and they look good. From my experience handling of the 11 inch mk1 it is far handier and more controllable than the 13" mk1. However it is missing the pretty extreme power of the mk1 and is a much tamer knife in hand. They feel very different actually- due to the reduced weight and shorter length. I think I might have a chat with the guys during the next videocall about putting another 50g of steel on the blade to help ensure the family resemblance is strong between the big and little brother.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash

We've certainly made quite a few and they look good. From my experience handling of the 11 inch mk1 it is far handier and more controllable than the 13" mk1. However it is missing the pretty extreme power of the mk1 and is a much tamer knife in hand. They feel very different actually- due to the reduced weight and shorter length. I think I might have a chat with the guys during the next videocall about putting another 50g of steel on the blade to help ensure the family resemblance is strong between the big and little brother.
Take care,
Andrew and the team at Kailash
Thanks

Back