111MM SAK Users Thread

I have them for other Vics but not for the 111mm. They are very well made!

S4_zps1a03f349.jpg

Thanks for the Pics I am going to order the medium sized zermatt pouch for 2 of my 91mm SAks. I read on a Amazon review that the medium is not listed to fit the Explorer and the Fieldmaster but it fits them snugly with no play inside the pouch. Can you confirm this for me?

And on the 111mm sheath I may just look for a nylon model. I would prefer to have a leather sheath but can live with nylon.

I have a buddy that makes and sells custom kydex holsters so I may let him look at the knife and see what he can come up with.

I like the inner tube idea and would probably use it if I did not have to be dressed up for work.

Your wife did a great job on the pocket sheath.

Thanks for the Pics I am going to order the medium sized zermatt pouch for 2 of my 91mm SAks. I read on a Amazon review that the medium is not listed to fit the Explorer and the Fieldmaster but it fits them snugly with no play inside the pouch. Can you confirm this for me?

And on the 111mm sheath I may just look for a nylon model. I would prefer to have a leather sheath but can live with nylon.

I have a buddy that makes and sells custom kydex holsters so I may let him look at the knife and see what he can come up with.

I can't confirm that, sorry. My Zermatts are all large size to fit Swiss Champs & Champions. My med SAKs all go into those velcro nylon SAK pouches.

On the kydex deal, that guy on the bay that makes my kydex neckers makes them for 111mm OHTs as well so I'm sure it can be done.

I have a parachutist also. Tend to pick up the non-serrated one handed Trekker or the Dual Pro because it has a non-serrated main blade. I keep the Parachutist in my field bag that I carry for work stuff. It is in that environment that the serrated blades may be more needed for me.

While I was offline, I received a new necker for my 111 Forester/Rucksack.

111%20necker_zpstst4iry1.jpg

Adds some versatility to my 111's.

Wow, that is a good looking sheath. My first knife was a 111 variant and its still one of my favorites to use today. Its taken a bit of early learning abuse and one of the liners is slightly bent, but it still works great.

IMG_3127.jpg

SAK Safari Hunter. Don't really care for the tools on this but I still love this knife. I think Victorinox should still offer these grips on some of the models. I'm thinking about buying a Solo.

IMG_3127.jpg

SAK Safari Hunter. Don't really care for the tools on this but I still love this knife. I think Victorinox should still offer these grips on some of the models. I'm thinking about buying a Solo.

Cool! I think the Hunter is a 108 I do not have.

Solos are great...carry very nicely in the pocket.
3SOLOs_zps7365441d.jpg

OH, so my Safari Hunter isn't a 111 but a 108? I didn't know that. Is your red Solo a 111?

OH, so my Safari Hunter isn't a 111 but a 108? I didn't know that. Is your red Solo a 111?

I missed that you posted a 108 in a 111 thread so I posted another 108! :)

No that red SOLO is a 108 as well.

This a 111 Hunter.
EarlySAKHunter_zps4fb735a0.jpg

I missed that you posted a 108 in a 111 thread so I posted another 108! :)

No that red SOLO is a 108 as well.

This a 111 Hunter.
EarlySAKHunter_zps4fb735a0.jpg

But really, what's 3 millimeters among friends?? :D:D
Some cool pics anyway, even if the knives are a smidgen short (I'm not real tall myself). :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

But really, what's 3 millimeters among friends?? :D:D
Some cool pics anyway, even if the knives are a smidgen short (I'm not real tall myself). :thumbup::thumbup:

- GT

+1! Both lines are nice SAKs!!!!

I have two 111mm's

Workchamp, which is always in my bag. Its a beast.
Soldier, in my FB sheaths front pocket.

I rarely use them, but it is comforting to know they are there just in case.

My EDC choice is either a Pioneer or Farmer. I tried to pocket carry the Soldier for a day or two, but its just too long and thick. I quickly went back to the Pioneer and made peace with the fact that, for me, the 111mm guys are bag carry knives.

Hey,
Would it be possible to combine a 111mm sak with the thumb hole and another 111mm with scissors?

Back