15" Sirupati (Sanu) and CBKC (Bura)

Blues

hovering overhead
Staff member
Super Mod
Today I was fortunate enough to add two more handsome khukuris to my ever growing collection. (Up to eight now.)

The first is a Sanu made 15" Sirupati coming in at 5/16" across the spine and 13oz. total weight. The handle is a lovely grained dark rosewood.

View

I hate to sound like a broken record, but again I have to credit Rusty on a couple of accounts.

First, Sanu did a great job on this khukuri. The handle fits my hand as if he had measured it first, and the balance is wonderful. I am especially pleased with this piece.

This is indeed one lightning fast khukuri, at least as fast as the 18" Kumar Kobra and probably a bit quicker. It perfectly complements my stout 12" Sher made Sirupati and the aforementioned Kobra.

What a trinity! Like a pack of feral dogs. Sleek, aggressive and ready for action.

Ended up with two kardas in this rig, so they've gone back to Uncle Bill to find a chakma as a proper mate.

The second khukuri is the much talked about CBKC Dhankuta style. I had asked Uncle Bill if he had any of these laying about and my timing was just right to come across one.

This one is made by Bura and is much more of a khukuri and less of a novelty than I had expected.

View

I can get a full grip on the handle which has been radiused sufficiently not to dig in and cause discomfort. The combination of the brass and horn is quite striking.

The overall length is 9" or a tad over, with about 5.5" of blade. I don't know the weight.

The chakma and karda are cute but otherwise not going to be used for anything but window dressing.

Both khukuris bear the marks of their makers which is a nice change of pace from the norm.

With the addition of these two khukuris, my small collection now spans 9" to 21" giving me a good feel for a variety of sizes and weights.

Uncle Bill, please convey my appreciation and thanks to both Sanu and Bura in your next communications with the good people in Nepal.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Some Knife Pix

[This message has been edited by Blues (edited 07-13-2000).]

Blues,
"WAY TO GO"! As i stated in an earlier post, " You have excellant Taste"!What's next?? BWHAA!
jim

Glad to hear the 15" works for you. Figured with that light weight and in larger hands it might.

That one 12" still makes me shiver a bit every so often.

------------------
"For it's no no never, never never no more. Never ever again will I buy ... "

Himalayan Imports Website

Blues,
Hope my CBKC by Bura is as nice as yours,I understand now why Bill likes Bura.
Can't wait to see what you get next! All i know is it will be a quality piece.
Have a "SAFE" day,
jim

Who can tell? But with all the good advice and info available here, I'm sure it will be something interesting.

AK? Chainpuri? Sherpa style? Time will tell.

Thanks for the confidence but it's actually pretty easy to pick good ones. Uncle Bill sees to that.

Blues

------------------
Live Free or Die

Some Knife Pix

Blues,
Got mine today! wish i could add to your review but you said it all!Bill has given us the best "AGAIN"!Thanks Bill & BLUES
jim

Back