15th Time's Almost a Charm..

I recently invested in the Paul Long set of DVD's.. I'm here to tell you, that is exactly what they are. An investment. They will teach you things you just will not learn on YouTube.

I've made about 15 pancake holsters so far since I've gotten my machine. I have been playing hell with trying to get on past an "okay" quality level. I've made some nice sheaths in the past but the added difficulty of a pancake holster with the measurements and added lines and whatnot's have really been kicking my butt. I have a lot to improve upon still but I am getting closer. I didn't realize how much time I wasn't spending on my finished edges, and how much better they could be from where I was leaving them.

This is the very first pancake holster I made on my machine..

NLW6F5Zl.jpg

I have a pair of 1911's and I've been mostly concentrating on them and this is the 7th holster I've made for them, with a few making it right into the trash can.

XhN1Vk0l.jpg

Anyhow, this is my latest attempt after watching Paul's DVD's.. Horsewright posted a holster with turquoise thread on it once and I really fell in love with the look. I lined this holster with turquoise suede as well. Again, I still have a lot of work to do before they are perfect and my machine still has something going on. When stitching a single layer of leather, the bobbin knot is visible from the front of the sheath.

mrQ9XRLl.jpg

uQA7urAl.jpg

NJowED0l.jpg

Z3w7P1pl.jpg

Thanks for looking and following along,

Todd

Nice job Todd! Getting better and better. Edges are better and they really are the sign of good leatherwork. Have ya tried a smaller needle when ya do the single layer? I can't really sew a single layer on my machine either so I don't. Showed this to Nichole she's the turqouise fan. I'd of left the border stamping on the outside of your interior stitch line off. Little busy for me, takes away from the main stamping but thats just a personal taste thing.

Thanks Dave. I have not tried a smaller needle yet. Will do on the next one. And I agree with the extra boarder stamp. Wish I'd a left it off. "Busy" was my thoughts exactly...

Take care buddy. Thanks for chiming in.

Todd

Back