??????

-this is one he passed up, but turned me on to
View

JP and Berk, many thanks for the great pics and info. I'm getting a little chapped sitting the fence. On one hand your pics are very satisfying, but the dark side is luring me to get into it my own self. Hmmmm, maybe something in a wood handle, with one of those narrower than Sirupati blades....

Phewww! That fantasy got bumped by a stronger flashback (somewhat like a seizure aura) of that shrill whistle wafting across the hayfield and my #2 son whispering, "'Hog up!". As wonderful as khukuris are, I doubt that I can get one to create long range red mist or make a marmot catch air. But khukuris do have that boomerang looking blade, so there might be some hidden potential.

Anyhow, the MJ or WW2 is always part of the varmint kit. Maybe I've done too much brass prep today.

Your sharing your fine taste in khukuris on the forum is always appreciated.

Dan

maybe something in a wood handle, with one of those narrower than Sirupati blades....
Well, the way you achieve that is to sharpen the blade of your Sirupati for 150 years:
View

Gee, guys, I've been picking up this super thread off and on, and because of my tight program, I can't respond! I apologize. There's so much I would like to contribute, but I'll have to be satisfied to simply state I'm enjoying it with you. :mad: (Mad at not having more time!)

Lt. Dan, we'll pick up on the e-mail in due course. And concerning the Afghan, I hope you misplace it somewhere in the furthest recesses of your varminting box and only discover it after a number of hog seasons at a time when my KPF has got its breath back. :D :D :D

Off topic: I feel ashamed at the goings on at the Durban racism conference which made it impossible for the American delegation to participate with what I believe would have been sensible inputs. :eek:

Hey, activity! I was away at my parents in Pensacola over the Labor day weekend with no computer access and I get back and this thread has taken off! Thanks for sharing that first significant khukri John and thank you Berkley for more pics also!

I'll have to say that being fed fresh fried mullet, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans and hush puppies to the bursting point all weekend was worth missing the thread activity!

Johan, I'll be glad when you aren't as tied up as you are. I'm afraid I'm a little behind on the news though, I'll have to look up the conference and see what happened.

Dan, I don't have to be lured into it, I think I sank in feet first as far as khukuris go! I'll be patiently biding my time until that first "significant" khukri comes along.

Guy

Berkley: Thank you for the drool-inducing khukuri pic. You're on the right track, and I'm thinking maybe the blade could even be a little narrower and thinner...say a bit over .25" or so, somewhat less forward curving, smaller ring in center of plain WW2 style handle with buttplate more like on pic of the lighter colored handle, and maybe even eye-of-dove cho. The blood groove is very nice. Aside from those little details, you pretty much nailed it with class.

Guy: You folks down south sure know how to eat! This khukuri thing will turn ya every way but loose if ya aren't careful.

Johan: The way things are going right now, the KPF will be flush with cash and you'll have reached your khukuri limit by the time somebody realizes the Afghan is yet another great deal. Guy and Patrick scored big while everybody else missed out on some good stuff! Hey, when this last horn is gone, then that's all and there ain't no more! Then it'll be rosewood only in the 'hood.

Dan

Anybody grab that Afghan from Dan'll get a intercontinental ballistic tourist khuk down his chimney!!! I'll get ya! I'll look up your residencial address under Person Search in Yahoo.com and feed the area map into the 'puter jus' before I launch the khuk. And ya won't like it, cause the khuk'll be a bad un! Punch marks all over the blade. "India" stamped on both sides. Y'll blanch with fright the day that khuk hits ya!

Nah....mebbe I won't. First come, first served, I guess! :D :D

Hah! Just the threat of receiving one of "those" khuks would do it for me. {shudder}:D

Guy Thomas

Yeah, Guy - I'm with ya! :eek: I think mentioning Yahoo's People Search might've been a BIG mistake. I should've realized the potential for a "situation" when dangling a khukuri in front of a khukuriholic on the forum...especially such a purty and unusual one. I've gotta tell ya, I'm getting concerned because now he knows where I live. Heck, now he knows where EVERYBODY lives! I did it quite innocently and without thinking in an e-mail the other day. Little did I know that it would come to THIS! The thing to do now is to stabilize the situation. (Let me know how I do.)

Uh, Johan, old buddy! There must be some misunderstanding here, and I'm sure it's all my own fault. That modern Afghan is the best kept secret on the forum, I'm sure that nobody's interested in it, and that I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that no one else would even DREAM of buying it - no matter how excellent it is. Actually, I haven't even seen it for days, and it's probably lost somewhere in a safe place, where it'll stay because I've just now been overcome by a sudden fear of getting a khukuri down my chimney. Rest assured that everythings just fine, and I mean hunkey dorrie. I'm sure that school will ease up before you know it, and your loved ones are planning to buy you some very special khukuris for Christmas. Hold on and live one day at a time. ;)

Dan

Back