1996 Ducks Unlimited question

anyone happen to know the handle material? It looks like a light rosewood. It is a fixed blade with flying mallards depicted on the blade. Also, if you know who helped design this knife, I would be eternally greatful. take care, rob

Rob I was under the impression that Buck knives made the 1996 DU knife. Are you sure it was Schrade?

Regards,

Tom Carey

Ducks Unlimited is a large account for Schrade but other companies also make knives for them. Again many special issues in various handle materials are not unual. Because of that the wood question must be answered with a picture. It could very well be rosewood, walnut, red birch, or perhapes something else. The varietys in the catalogue are not the only ones made. Usually the patterns are consistant but variations in handle materials for various shows special editions ect spurs sales and interest to collectors who collect DU or DU in specific patterns or materials. The double mallard or double mallard over a wetlands is an often used etch. I have no idea on the designer, again a picture might give a hint but usually these are standard patterns. However if it is like a PH-1 or PH-2 Loveless was the inspiration for that original line. LT

Back