1st pic of my small wood Damascus

Can't wait till I get her!:D

Bought the BG-42 dark walnut from Arizona Custom thanks to Jeff and the BG-42 blade was swopped for the Spiral Damascus in less than a month! Cool! Its a very long story though and normally takes up to a year to get done.:p

Cheers all! Nemo for getting me started, Jeff, ACK and all the team at CRK! Means a lot to me.

Attachments

• pic00001.jpeg
    pic00001.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,092
Wow, That baby is beyond words! Did you get to keep the original blade to put back for a user?

I'll almost bet that she'll be even prettier in person than the pic!
Congrats and a long wait but worth it!
G2

Thanks! I have not had her yet, but yes I will get to keep the BG-42 blade for the more 'rough' stuff. However this will be an EDC knife and not a desktop toy. While I love the look of the Bronzed Damascus, this stuff is less likely to mar and thus is a practical user with a lot of care and Tuf Cloth!

It is nice though that I can swap the blades over when needed. This knife will no doubt be carried in the leather pouch it comes in, but carry it I will!

Any other users of Damascus have any stories of day to day use and the ability to hold and edge, resist marks and dings? This is my first small, first wood and first Damascus blade. More than likely my last one as well...:(

Great picture of a beautiful knife, Wayne. Could I please get you to post it on my thread below. There are many fine pictures in there and this would add another great one.:)

General:
That sure is a nice knife! I have a walnut inlay with the ladder damascus and I have been carying it for about two weeks. Did you get the rust inhibiting grease that CRK includes with the damascus blades? I don't think that rust will be a major problem. Common sense care of the knife will prevent that. I use a very small amount of the grease (just a tiny amount on the fingertip) and work it into the blade. I do that maybe once a week. It cuts great and being non-stainless, I would expect it to hold an edge longer. I notice that a lot of the custom long blades are made of damascus so this leads me to believe that it is quite tough. Does anyone know what type of metal is in the damascus? I think that it is 1095. Needless to say, I will not be doing any extreme testing of mine. I usually use it to cut fruit and to open boxes and letters and would not consider using it (or any of my Sebenzas) for any dirty work. I actually expect the damascus to out perform the BG-42. The old Marbles hunting knives were made of non-stainless and they are known for their edge holding ability. The damascus is beatiful! Haven't diged mine but I am careful with it. With some considerate care your's should last and be fine for a long time.:cool: :D

Scott, I have yet to get her yet! It is still at ACK as I have only just paid the full balance on her. However I belive the small pot of grease is with her! I have also ordered one pot of the Teflon lube for myself and one for Jeff as a little thank you! It is a complex story, but basicly I was going to put $200 down as a deposit and pay the rest in 2 instalments of about $270 ish over the next two months. Well I went away on a training course after giving my account details and was out of contact for a full month. Turns out stupid old me forgot the Exp date! DOH!, thus Jeff stepped in and got the ball moving! I hope he likes the Single Malt I will be getting him for that! There was no real problem though as ACK were going to hold the knife, It would have meant another month before the knife could be sent off to CRK.

I did origionally buy a Spiral Damascus knife from ACK, but that was sold due to crossed wires as Jay forgot to put it aside as sold! Before that I tried to buy a UG Damascus from another dealer and that was sold the day after I got a deposit together... DOH

Still I have made new friends esp Jeff I and got the knife I want in the end. All I can say is KnifeKnuts...nay Sebenzanista's are GREAT people!:)

Hello,

is "Sebenza" a new kind of disease ? A new danger?
Touch a Sebenza and... is it over ? You are one of THEM?

Am I just a link in that chain?

Are we part of a new kind of sect?

IS IT ALL OUR FAULT ???? IF THE GENERAL GOT THAT STRANGE SMILE ON HIS FACE ??? AAAAAAAAARGH !!!

NO I WON'T CARRY IT CLIPLESS ! NOOOO I WON'T !

MINE IS A PLAIN SMALL WITH A BG42 BLADE. I STILL CAN BE CURED !

LEAVE ME ALOOOOONE !!!!!

I AM NOT ONE OF THEM !!!

cheers,

JM

Originally posted by The General
This is my first small, first wood and first Damascus blade. More than likely my last one as well...:(

SURE General ... just keep repeating that over and over.... I tried that and it does not work, now I just say One more, one more.... :D

Back