2009 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome.
Now I gotta go look for some stuff for you to sheath.

Thanks for all you have done here at BFC over the years.

Thanks guys. Been busy and and haven't had a chance to post much. I'll try to get some actual content up in the next few days. Building a rig that'll let me do slots quickly (probably be easier to buy a mill, but I'm a fanatic DIYer), so they should be an option by next week. Working on a few other toys at the same time, so I've been distracted.

If you've emailed or PM'd me this week without a response, I'll be getting to them all Tomorrow.

Congratulations on your new forum. :cool::thumbup:

Thanks, just try not to break it.:p

Awesome.
Now I gotta go look for some stuff for you to sheath.

Thanks for all you have done here at BFC over the years.

Goats are an acceptable form of payment, but you're gonna have to cover shipping.:thumbup:

I've not abandoned this infant forum, just been a little busy working on some things.

I've built a slot cutter. A few kinks to work out, but I will now be able to add slots to sheaths with a minimum of fuss. Thin to large. This will give me the ability to do slim slots for webbing or wide slots for belt carry, for those that want a sheath with no external belt system.

I'm working on a "Kydex smoother" that will let me remove the textured portion of the Kydex for my airbrushed sheaths and anyone that just wants smooth Kydex. Probably just be easier to find a source for the smooth stuff, but I'm difficult that way.

Since I've got requests, I've picked up the equipment and materials to start doing drop-leg and shoulder carry rigs. So as soon as I figure out how this dang machine works, I'll be good to go there.

As soon as I get back into the groove of things, I'll start actually using my little section of BFC, and posting some stuff.

And I know my site is a mess right now. I'll get it updated and at least half functional soon.

Took a couple hours this morning and remade the site. Still needs some content added, but I thought I'd get opinions on it. Better or worse than the old one? Anything broken for you?

Any problems let me know.

http://www.customkydex.com

Thanks,
Kiah

I was actually gonna come start a thread, look who got a fancy new sig link and website! :D

I like it, looks good. Clean, simple layout and the coloring is pleasant and suitable. The comment area (vs a simple email address) is a nice touch. Are you thinking of doing a 'click and pay' sort of thing eventually? (Selecting option X and Y for knife Z, add to cart, bla bla..)

I like it, looks good. Clean, simple layout and the coloring is pleasant and suitable.

Cool. I didn't know if orange would be best, but I like orange, so ...

I did the whole thing in a couple hours, and will probably end up changing a few things.

By the way, I stole one of your pics. :p

The comment area (vs a simple email address) is a nice touch. Are you thinking of doing a 'click and pay' sort of thing eventually? (Selecting option X and Y for knife Z, add to cart, bla bla..)

I had something like that at one point for Moras. It was drastically easier than emailing back and forth. I'm definitely gonna get it back up for onhand blades.

By the way, I stole one of your pics. :p

I had something like that at one point for Moras. It was drastically easier than emailing back and forth. I'm definitely gonna get it back up for onhand blades.

I think that's a good idea for sure! Oh, I saw the pic! :D I like that one. I feel bad that my fatwood is covering up the sheath a bit, I can snap a better pic sometime if you'd like.

Website looks nice and simple...I just sent you a RFQ through your contact page.:thumbup:

let me know what you think.

Thanks,

-Todd

I liked the previous one a bit more, but this one is nice. Clean layout. :thumbup:

My suggestion would be to remove the rounded corner box on everything and box things up seperatly. If you take the hard edges off the layout it makes the site seem a bit more open.

I liked the previous one a bit more, but this one is nice. Clean layout. :thumbup:

Actually, I was looking at the old site last night, and I really do like it better.

I'm gonna merge the two a bit and go back to the simple black and white for now. I like the clean look of it.

For those that have contacted me about it and anyone else that needs one without sending your blade in, I'm gonna have a Swick in for a few days for sheath forming.

Price will be $25 shipped for the sheath and neck chain. For any other attachment options, see the pricing thread or contact me.

How much to toss a little skull decal on there?

It's great that now we won't have to ship one to you for forming. You've got mail. :)

How much to toss a little skull decal on there?

It's great that now we won't have to ship one to you for forming. You've got mail. :)

Graphics are on hold until I can figure out a problem I'm having with 'em. I think it's my compressor, but not positive.

I'm working on a system that doesn't coat the Kydex, it penetrates and dyes the graphics into it. I'm about there, just gotta get the ratio down and hope I don't blow anything up in the process. :p It takes some pretty nasty stuff to penetrate Kydex.

By the way, my email server is being funky, so if I don't reply to emails right away, it's because I'm not getting them for an hour or so.

How many grommet holes do they come with? and they will obviously be good for inverted carry...

Won't know for sure till it gets here. I can make it more or less holey though. :thumbup: on inverted carry.

Hmm.. I'm thinking the neck sheath will probably work for static-cord (same area of attachment).
But how about a pocket "waved" sheath ;)?

Hmm.. I'm thinking the neck sheath will probably work for static-cord (same area of attachment).
But how about a pocket "waved" sheath ;)?

Static cord will work. Eyelets are 1/4". They should work fine as a pocket sheath, "waving" the sheath off shouldn't be a problem. Could lead to a sliced pocket though. I can probably grind in a catch lower on the sheath for this purpose though if wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back