Overall Length: 14 1/8"
Steel: Japanese Aus 8A Stainless
Weight: 11.2 oz
Blade Thickness: 4.7 mm
Handle: 5 1/8" Long Kray-Ex™
Sheath: Secure-Ex® Sheath
MSRP: $129.99

Description:
Inspired by the formidable combat knives of WWII and honoring the name of Merrill's Marauders – also known as code-name Galahad - the United States renowned long range, deep penetration assault unit within the South East Asian theatre of conflict – our Marauder Bowie is rugged, relentless and reliable. A true battle ready Bowie.
Its huge extra broad razor sharp Japanese AUS8A blade, with its continuously curved cutting edge, deep wide blade bevels and formidable clip will cut, hack, shear, chop, slice and pierce with equal ease.
During our intensive and torturous performance testing of this new Bowie our company President simply uttered one word: "Beastly".
The Marauder's generous full tang is encased in a double quillion sub hilt Kray-Ex™ handle that is impervious to the elements and incredibly comfortable.
Its sturdy and versatile Secure-Ex™ sheath allows the knife to be fastened comfortably and securely on a belt or pack, or LBV.
Extensively field-tested, our Marauder shines as both an intimidating combat Bowie and a reliable hunting knife. Cutting through brush, performing camp chores and dispatching game effortlessly.

I love when knife companies give extended descriptions for their blades, especially when you have a lesser known or crossover type blade that could have many uses. Great job, can't wait to see the demo video.

We're really excited about this knife.
It tested very well and we are looking forward to the reviews

We are filming more videos this summer - should be fun :D

I do like the shape of that Bowie.It looks like a winner to me.

AUS-8 isn't bad stuff for a knife like that. I know, that for a stainless it's plenty tough. The blade profile looks very appealing.

I noticed Knifecenter and BladeHQ both had these in stock now definitely on my to get list. I was gonna get it this week till I saw something from Aranyik I had to have even more(I don't have the money for both, and Aranyik's stuff is made in a fairly limited supply, so they get the favoritism this week).

Japanese AUS-8, but is the whole knife Japanese?
That seems to be the case with a lot of your knives, it says Japanese steel but makes no mention of Taiwanese made.
Quite misleading.

I'm guessing it's Taiwanese like the Boar Hunter, etc. Can't wait to get my paws on one of these. :thumbup::cool:

I would figure that they import the Aus-8 from Japan to Taiwan for final manufacturing.

After all, they have so many knives made out of it that are made in Taiwan.

Japanese AUS-8, but is the whole knife Japanese?
That seems to be the case with a lot of your knives, it says Japanese steel but makes no mention of Taiwanese made.
Quite misleading.

Not that misleading when pretty much everyone knows the score.

Where the knife is constructed matters little as long as it is Cold Steel. All the Japanese SK-5 fixed blades that were made in China were excellent performers, and anybody that actually used one, sung its praises. I was impressed enough withe their performance, that I hung the name "China Dolls" on them. The proof is in the using.
I got a few of the Marauders in and I like them. Nice weight forward blade that moves well in the hand, and the sheath has a good no movement, no rattle lock-up, while still being easy to draw. Very good bang for the buck Bowie.

Last edited:
My wife and I both have one of these and just used mine this weekend to chop up some light wood for fire starting and did some light brush clearing around my property. So far my only complaint is the sub hilt. It just tends to rub me the wrong way during extended/heavy use. The edge is still shaving sharp after about 3hrs of use on Friday so no complaints there yet. Sheath worked fine and carried the knife securely, but I'd probably want a custom kydex rig if I was to use this piece for defensive roles. If you're a bowie fan, this thing is pretty darn nice for the money!

So far my only complaint is the sub hilt. It just tends to rub me the wrong way during extended/heavy use.

Many people cut the subhilt off for just this reason. It's just part of the molded handle, so cutting it off won't hurt anything. :thumbup:

Back