2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

Sorry to see so much of hornetguy hornetguy ’s collection get sold off! That was a marvelous achievement, friend. I suppose you only need so many of one kind of knife, but what a collection!
I know sometime I enjoy the chase almost as much as the collection achievement. Then it’s time to move them on for someone else to enjoy in their collection 👍🏻

I ❤️ my #62 Stag she’s a sweetie!!
HXWwGWc.jpg

OhwTKHm.jpg

This one survived the selling off of my 62 collection many times and is not going anywhere now )

Sorry to see so much of hornetguy hornetguy hornetguy hornetguy ’s collection get sold off! That was a marvelous achievement, friend. I suppose you only need so many of one kind of knife, but what a collection!
Thank you, amigo... it was a tough decision, but after seeing them just sitting there for months, with no "use" in sight, I just had to move them along. I hope others can enjoy them at least as much as I did, gathering them together. I kept my unicorn user, and my two pocket carvers, so I'm not really out of 62's yet... they are just great knives.... all of them.
I know sometime I enjoy the chase almost as much as the collection achievement. Then it’s time to move them on for someone else to enjoy in their collection
Yes... I don't actually know how I got started on the "one of each" trail on the 62's... it just sort of happened. But, it was certainly fun..... :D Every now and then, I get an itch to have several examples of a certain knife... then look back and think... Huh?
The 62s are overrated anyway…
Yeah.... I think you need some more of them, as well... 🤣

Thank you, amigo... it was a tough decision, but after seeing them just sitting there for months, with no "use" in sight, I just had to move them along. I hope others can enjoy them at least as much as I did, gathering them together. I kept my unicorn user, and my two pocket carvers, so I'm not really out of 62's yet... they are just great knives.... all of them.

Yes... I don't actually know how I got started on the "one of each" trail on the 62's... it just sort of happened. But, it was certainly fun..... :D Every now and then, I get an itch to have several examples of a certain knife... then look back and think... Huh?

Yeah.... I think you need some more of them, as well... 🤣
Good choices. :cool::thumbsup: I saved the time and energy by just going with these two from the start. 😉😁
WC5FrQf.jpg

Another dumb question: why does a congress have to have a banana curve? The spring side is perfectly straight so it's an optical illusion. But why?

Another dumb question: why does a congress have to have a banana curve? The spring side is perfectly straight so it's an optical illusion. But why?
I think that's just the shape of the pattern. If it were straight, it would be called something else, like an "equal end penknife" or "cigar whittler"

Some Congress knives have a more curved spring. I think this version is especially comfortable in hand.

Back