2023 Hunting Season

Good to hear you beat the weather and I hope none of that cold come down here! šŸ„¶

Thanks, and yeah, it's going to be in the teens by the weekend, with a foot of snow expected in the next couple days. Glad I got it done before that.

no meat in the freezer yet.
friend put the pressure on and says we are doing an gathering at my house. he's bringing fresh oysters and I have to produce the wild game.
passed on a small buck saturday - it was a little out of my comfort range for archery equipment. firearems season starts here on Saturday for deer.
would also like to add squirrel and rabbit to the menu

he came back through saturday morning. it was breezy and rained the night before. Hearing anything moving was tough. he snuck in on me as I was munching an apple and we had a little bit of a stare off. he walked behind a few trees and gave me a chance to pick up the rifle and that was all I needed. 40ish yard shot and back to the house by 9 AM. 8 pt. had to take it to the station for mandatory CWD testing, they pull glands from the neck and get a tissue sample from the tongue and age the deer. biologist said 3 1/2 years on this one. not a monster by any means, but its meat in the freezer
PXL_20231118_130311736-M.jpg
PXL_20231118_175843873-M.jpg

I have not been seeing squirrels lately. Went for a walk around my patch of woods this afternoon and saw two, managed to shoot one. Carried the Kimber 22 for a change.

Good shot as usual, Phil! Always enjoy your pictures- love me some Kimber! Nice knife, too; who made it?

Picture of the Kimber 22 and the squirrel I got over at father in laws place the other day. Just now taking the time to plug the camera up to the computer and get it off of there. Got a 45 yard head shot off of a snag on the side of a oak about ten feet up. Saw a couple of squirrels too far off for a shot that kept moving around all over the tree tops, one finally made a fatal error and took an RWS Subsonic to the noggin.

Back