21st Century Seax

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Here’s a 21st Century Seax I made👍 Sort of styled like some historical reproductions I have seen online. .200in thick 5160 with a black Micarta handle with an orange G10 spacer. It really feels good in my hand and only weighs 8oz. It’s 11 5/8in overall with a 7in blade. I believe it will make a fine camp knife 👍

IMG_4458.jpeg

Love the looks of this, Bill. I've been a fan of the historical Seax design for a long time, and I think you've nailed it in terms of dimensions, and also in terms of modernizing while still keeping to the traditional style. The single brass pin is a nice touch, too. I hope we'll see more of these!

Here’s a 21st Century Seax I made👍 Sort of styled like some historical reproductions I have seen online. .200in thick 5160 with a black Micarta handle with an orange G10 spacer. It really feels good in my hand and only weighs 8oz. It’s 11 5/8in overall with a 7in blade. I believe it will make a fine camp knife 👍

View attachment 2445799

Very nice, Bill. I might need one.

Not personally a fan of the orange spacer but it is definitely a very nice look aesthetically. I would absolutely enjoy getting my paws on the handle though. Looks like it would sit in the hand very nicely.

Back