2nd Becker on the way.

As to the BK5,that will be my next blade purchace after New Years.I bet that would work great for butchering out salmon and sturgeon.

No really,I'm not very computer literate,and really don't know how to post.I was hoping for a helpful suggestion.

Yeah, when you're in such good company it'e easy to talk more than you think you did :)

Mist my good buddy, that line sounded like it came from someone living under the same roof with me . . . ;)
And you are right, the company could not be any better.
Be safe.

I've never started a thread:eek:,how do you do it:eek:?

Grim, when you open up a forum, there's a button in the top left that says, "New Thread". Click it, add a title for your thread, and then type what you gots ta say, hit submit, and you're on your way. Pretty easy. Let me know if there are any other questions you have, brother.

Moose

BK14 or the BK5. The BK5 is next on my list, that knife is amazing. Still down for the count, went to the doc and got some meds, so, I'll be right as the mail soon.

I'm ordering my BK5 after Christmas, gonna be a New Years treat.

Moose

Yup, better to wait for all the Christmas postal package over load to clear anyway. Well buddy I'm chasing my tail on what to get next also. BK-9 ?, nah, I have a Brute. Bk-5 ?, nah I have the Pot belly. But I already know that I'll order them both because rational use\need does not coincide with my desire. And another beloved BK-2 with micarta has recently been competing for space in my low volume cranial vault.:D

Man o man i need to stop hangin around this place, i was just lookin at some threads on the bk5 and was thinkin how good a slicer it seems to be and thought my mom just might "need" one in her kitchen. lol
What do you think?:D

Man o man i need to stop hangin around this place, i was just lookin at some threads on the bk5 and was thinkin how good a slicer it seems to be and thought my mom just might "need" one in her kitchen. lol

if you get her one, she'll never have to suffer the wrath of Ginsu again

I think you're right. The BK-5 can't be beaten.

MagnumCamps3.jpg

MagnumCamps3.jpg

Hey Guyon, that one in the middle is that the aftermarket micarta scales?
Those look nice, do you prefer the or the grivory as far as grippiness? The grivory looks like it could get rather slick if wet.

Hey Guyon, that one in the middle is that the aftermarket micarta scales?
Those look nice, do you prefer the or the grivory as far as grippiness? The grivory looks like it could get rather slick if wet.

those are Camillus era scales. they are no longer made or generally speaking, available.

as Ethan will say, SOMEONE has stuck their hand in oil, grabbed a Becker knife, and proceeded to go all full force stabby with it. no slipping :)

Those are Camillus aftermarket scales. The Ka-Bars look, shapewise, a little more like the Grivory scales. They're a bit more contoured. I haven't tried the Ka-Bar micarta, but I'm going to soon. A set of the Ka-Bar scales are going on my Ritter/Becker knife for sure.

The grivory looks like it could get rather slick if wet.

Some folks have tested wet Grivory and been pleased with results. However, some folks mod them or augment them. The techniques I've seen are:

- bike inner tube (stretched on with the sheath in place!)
- hockey tape
- sandblasting/beadblasting
- stippling with a soldering iron
- notching them in a variety of ways

Bladite, as usual, was faster to the punch. :D Only by seconds though!

blade of three. so very shiny.

Aw see, both of you guys are just showing off now, & GRIM 62 is messing with the new guy right ?? :)
That's ok, when that BK gets here, the first thing I am going to do is send it to the godfather in Tenn. & let him put some of that ole' fashioned blessing on it for me. . . By the time Moose gets finished with it, it will be a collector's item . . . ;)
Be safe.

Just curious Bladite, I know you're not big on folders but have you tried the KB Dozier??

I was thinking about the orange one, its inexpensive but is it worth it?? anyone??

I love my KaBar Dozier. Have the folding hunter and it goes with me pretty much everywhere.

IMG00646-20100826-1933.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

Aw see, both of you guys are just showing off now, & GRIM 62 is messing with the new guy right ?? :)
That's ok, when that BK gets here, the first thing I am going to do is send it to the godfather in Tenn. & let him put some of that ole' fashioned blessing on it for me. . . By the time Moose gets finished with it, it will be a collector's item . . . ;)
Be safe.

pffft

1048075342_qF5tp-XL.jpg

that's showing off!

Last edited:
That's Campalicious. :D

I love my KaBar Dozier. Have the folding hunter and it goes with me pretty much everywhere.

One of the best values on the knife market, bar none. I have a Ka-Bar Dozier foldier from the first batch of 'em in 440C. Rides in my truck everywhere I go. I think they're AUS8A these days, right?

Back