3 New THKs ready to Ship

james terrio

Sharpest Knife in the Light Socket
Here are three new ones just off the bench and ready for sale...

tumblr_nfaujlkz7g1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

Details coming soon....

All these blades were HT'ed by Peters'; handmade by yours truly. Blades are measured from the front of the handle to the tip. All three are fitted with stainless steel Corby bolts and thong tubes. All sheaths handmade by my wife Angie and I; fully welted and hand-stitched.

Bushcraft/Survival knife:

tumblr_nfauj49HKp1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

O1 tool steel @ 58Rc with machine-satin finish; desert tan G10 w/ black G10 liners. FFG, 5/32" at spine, full-thickness tang. 5" blade, 9 5/8" overall. Crisp spine and unsharpened false edge; I will sharpen it at your request - add $15. RH pouch-style sheath. $195 shipped.

Swept-point hunter:

tumblr_nfaui1c4ob1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

CPM-3V @ 58Rc with machine-satin finish and full distal taper; green canvas micarta. FFG, 1/8" at spine, full-thickness tang. 3 7/8" blade, 8 1/8" overall. Lightly-crowned spine. RH pouch-style sheath. $175 shipped. SOLD, thank you for your support!

Bushcrafter:

tumblr_nfauco66sv1t96crwo1_1280.jpg

O1 tool steel @ 58Rc with machine-satin "distressed" finish; stabilized spalted maple. Full-convex, 5/32" at spine, gently tapered tang. 4 3/4" blade, 9" overall. This bad boy has a fatter-than-usual handle. Crisp spine, RH pouch-style sheath. $195 shipped.

Normal terms and conditions apply. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I like that fat right one in the pic with no sheaths. Im not a buyer right now, but I might be interested in one in the future. I'll be watching out for the specs!

Nice work James!!

I have heard of spalted wood, but this is the first spalted steel i have seen :D

I really like the middle one on the bottom. Holy crap that looks nice.

Jeremy

I have heard of spalted wood, but this is the first spalted steel i have seen :D

I did not invent that technique. It's just another way of forcing a patina. The "secret" is ordinary household bleach.

I added more pics and the basic specs for each in the 2nd post... sorry about the delay, my computer needed an attitude adjustment :grumpy:

James, could you tell us more about that trailing point?

What would you like to know? :)

I was mostly wondering about steel variety, but I see you added some details.

I've been ogling that knife long enough. I will take it if it is still available.

It's yours, friend. Thank you for your continuing support! :thumbup:

Back