4 1/2" Scout with a fancy handle:)

NWA

This one sports an antique finish and some of the nicest handle material I have ever seen. I am unsure of the name of it but I am sure the owner will chime in and tell us:thumbup:

This one is made from 3/16" thick O-1 differently Ht'd to 60RC at the edge.
Stainless pins and tube
9 ozleather sheath treated in bees wax.

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

I hope he likes it as much as I do

Thanks for the oportunity to make you a knife Stumpy

Nick:)

nick super nice the blade finish looks cool nice and used super :thumbup::thumbup:

That Looks AWESOME Nick!!! The Manzanita Burl and the antiquing turned out GREAT!!! The wait will be even worse now that I know it's finished!!!:D

I can't wait to hold and use it!!!!

You do KILLER work my Friend!!!!:thumbup:

THANK YOU!!!!!

Mike..er..Stumpy

...I may have to jump right back in line for another one before you get too busy!!!

I actually want to keep this one man:eek: But I wouldn't do that to ya:)

It looks and feels great in the hand:thumbup:

Do you think your gun grips will match pretty close?

Nick

Funny you should ask.....

I sent Dave an e-mail to this link and just got this reply back from him...

"Mike,
I looked at the pic and it is a close match to the grips. We had a tough time with them. Wood had lots of holes and cracks and were a little small for the frame. Everything came together in the end and they look as good as any I have seen.
David"

So it sounds like they'll go together perfectly!!!:cool:

I can't wait to see them together!!! Pics will be forthcoming!!!

THANKS AGAIN,

Mike

Nick

That looks FANTASTIC!!!

Every time I look at one of your Sierra Scouts I want one.

Especialy like those scallops you have put on some of your handles lately.

That is an awesome combo with the aged finish and a beautiful piece wood.

I agree, the wood is very nice. The Antique finish does help set the tone also, a great looking working knife.

Maybe the new owner will post a matching set pic when he has time..??

Funny you should ask.....

I sent Dave an e-mail to this link and just got this reply back from him...

"Mike,
I looked at the pic and it is a close match to the grips. We had a tough time with them. Wood had lots of holes and cracks and were a little small for the frame. Everything came together in the end and they look as good as any I have seen.
David"

So it sounds like they'll go together perfectly!!!:cool:

I can't wait to see them together!!! Pics will be forthcoming!!!

THANKS AGAIN,

Mike

There was a lot of voids in this piece of wood and to be honest I was a bit concerned if I was gonna be able to make it happen. But, it all worked out and freakin sweet if I do say so myself:thumbup:

I am more than confident you will love this one man.

Maybe the new owner will post a matching set pic when he has time..??

Will Do!!! I hope to have the revolver in my hands by January/February. I'll post a bunch of pics when I have them both here at home!!! I'm pretty excited about this pair!!!

Stump

ETA - Nick I used one of your pics as my new avatar....I hope you don't mind....if you do I'll remove it asap. Thanks

Last edited:
No problem dude:thumbup: In fact, I am honored you like it that mutch:)

Nick

WOW!!!!!!

I love it!!!!

I want one!!!!

Where does the line form?????

BTW stumpy, This is Rob, your Freedom Arms partner!!! It is ready for 11/20/10......Whitetail opening day in CNY.

WOW!!!!!!

I love it!!!!

I want one!!!!

Where does the line form?????

BTW stumpy, This is Rob, your Freedom Arms partner!!! It is ready for 11/20/10......Whitetail opening day in CNY.

Hey, Hey now Rob...back of the line...back of the line!!!:p Just Kidding Buddy...Give Nick a call or send him an e-mail and he'll do you up right!!!:thumbup:

Now about that FA...Ya wanna sell it back to me...again!?!?!:D Nope...I didn't think so...I mean hey...It's only the most accurate revolver I've EVER shot. Glad it's back home in your hands!!! Good luck with it on the opener!!! Send some pics when ya can!!! Oh and I sent ya an e-mail.:cool:

Stump

Incredible work as usual! The combo of wood handles and etched blade is really amazing...enjoy!

Damn Nick! What a knife. Looks PERFECT!

What did you antique with? I use cold blueing and bleach and about 2 hrs.
I get this effect.....

81deaf99.jpg

Dont mean to hijack the thread but I had to ask cause thats more subtle than mine and its perfect for that wood!

Hi B, I use the exact same method. I use the splashless bleach though. It seems to work better for me.

Back