4" Camp/Bushcraft Knife: Aurora, Bravo-1, Recluse, or BHK Bushcrafter??

I see its a couple of months since your last post....Wondering what you went with in the end. I am in the same boat as you looking for on a decent 4 inch all round bushcraft knife.
I am pulling the trigger on a Spyderco bushcraft as I reckon that's going to be the best fit for me. From what EVERYONE says, its one of the most comfy handles out there, which is hugely important on a hard use blade. I too was disappointed with the F1. So much buzz about it, yet in my hand it felt very uncomfortable for me. The tapering diameter handle (not round and uniform, but triangle profile) . To me it didn't feel secure. Anyhow's be good to know what you settled on.

Well, I am very happy with what I settled on, but it wasn't any of the knives I was initially considering. I ended up with a custom Fiddleback Forge Bushfinger in 3/16" O1. No other knife I've held has felt anywhere close to as nice in my hand. I put up a quick first impressions review of it here. I like it so much I picked up another smaller Fiddleback - the Hiking Buddy.

Back