• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

4 O-1 Neck Knives and More (more knives added, post 2 and 3)

I haven't posted in a while but I have been busy. Up first is an assortment of neck knives, all O-1, heat treated by me in a propane forge, and hand sanded. Various handle material (see specs below the pics)

IMGP1464.jpg

IMGP1463.jpg

IMGP1465.jpg

1-4 (Left to Right)

1. 3-finger neck knife: I ground this one pretty thin, good slicer for light work, cuts like a laser.
OAL: 6"
Steel: 3/32"O-1
Blade: 2 7/8" Tip to Scales
Scales: Stabilized mystery wood, sealed with CA and polished
Pins:2-tone brass over stainless pins, 1/4" carbon fiber thong hole
Extras: simple file work, black liners
Sheath: 8-9 oz leather neck sheath (no belt loop)
Price: $55 shipped

2. Mini-Muk Neck Knife: Mini Nessmuk style, good for light bushcraft and/or camp work
OAL: 6"
Steel: 1/8" O-1
Blade: 3" Tip to Scales
Scales: Natural Zircote, multiple coats of Danish Oil
Pins:1/8" Brass Pins, Brass thong tube
Extras: black liners
Price: $55 shippedSOLD

3. Neck/PSK Knife: A PSK sanded to 800 grit and dressed up with G-10 scales
OAL: 5"
Blade: 2 1/2" Tip to Scales
Scales: Brown/Tan G10 (slight burn in the G10, looks worse in the 3rd pic than in person
Pins:1/4" thong tube for pins
Extras:
Price: $45 shippedSOLD

4. PSK Knife (will NOT fit an Altoid tin, can be ranger-banded to the outside)
OAL: 5"
Blade: 2" Tip to Ricasso
Scales: None
Pins:
Extras:
Sheath: kydex, no belt loop
Price: $30 shipped

I accept PayPal or USPS money orders (PayPal preferred) CONUS Shipping is included. Other shipping is available, contact me for an estimate first and buyer assumes all liability for overseas shipping. PayPal Address is rwnance1@windstream.net. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item unused within 7 days for a full refund.

More than one of these will fit in a small flat rate box; if you purchase more than one of these, I will deduct $5.00 from the price of the additional knives. Any questions, either PM here or email me at rwnance1@windstream.net and i will reply within 12 hours.

thanks for looking

randy

Last edited:
I made this little mini-cleaver out of a scrap of 3/16" O-1 about a year ago, almost full flat grind, dovetailed G10 bolsters, G10 scales, brass pins. This knife is fairly heavy for its size; I am my own worst critic and if i had to do it over again, I would have tapered the tang to reduce the weight. Price is reduced because of this. If you're a backpacker and sweat over every ounce, don't buy this knife. If it will live in a kitchen drawer or camp box, you'll probably never notice the weight.

IMGP1469.jpg

IMGP1471.jpg

IMGP1470.jpg

5. Onion/Pepper Chopper
OAL: 6 3/4"
Steel: 3/16" O-1
Blade: 3 1/4" Tip to Scale, flat ground
Scales: Orange G10, white G10 liners
Pins:8 brass pins
Extras: green/jade G10 dovetailed bolster, 2 brass pins
Sheath: carbon look kydex, no belt loop
Price: $50 shippedSOLD

In hand shot:
IMGP1472.jpg

I accept PayPal or USPS money orders (PayPal preferred) CONUS Shipping is included. Other shipping is available, contact me for an estimate first and buyer assumes all liability for overseas shipping. PayPal Address is rwnance1@windstream.net. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please return the item unused within 7 days for a full refund.

Any questions, either PM here or email me at rwnance1@windstream.net and i will reply within 12 hours.

thanks for looking

randy

Last edited:
Here is a little EDC/Utility and it is one of my first forged blades. It is 0.156" thick at the ricasso with tapered tang, flat grind, forge finished flats 3/16" Stainless pins, stainless thong hole tub, moose antler scales. I sealed the pores in the antler with ZAP thin CA. Sheath is a slightly used JRE sheath with fire steel loop. The antler tip on the fire steel is off the same antler as the knife scales

IMGP1467.jpg

IMGP1468.jpg

IMGP1466.jpg

6. EDC Utility with multipurpose Spear Point blade
OAL: 7 1/2"
Blade: 3 1/2" Tip to Scales
Scales: Moose Antler, sealed with CA
Pins: 3/16" stainless, stainless thong tubing
Extras:matching firesteel
Sheath: Leather, JRE sheath
Price: $75 shipped Sold pending funds

Any questions, either PM here or email me at rwnance1@windstream.net and i will reply within 12 hours.

thanks for looking

randy

Last edited:
Thank You, mlehto, email sent. I need your shipping address to compute Canada shipping.

randy

nevermind, got your email

Glad I got to be the first to reply. ;)

This will be my first purchase here, after joining only a few days ago.

So far I am very impressed at some of what is offered here.

My wallet is in trouble......... LOL

I have an orange handled version of #2...pure Win!!!
Someone should grab it!!!

Welcome Back!

IF you want to make another one of these: O-1 Onion/Pepper Chopper ...I'm in.
Same pattern but I'd prefer 1/8" stock.
Single color slabs.
Kydex sheath

Let me know,
Pete

Got the chopper yesterday, that o-1 sure takes a nice edge, using it today to see how it holds it. Thanks Nartin

Back