• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

52100 flat stock

I might be interested Dr. Bruno. Depends mainly on pricing. I have already mortgaged just about everything I own in order to buy knife stuff.

Robert

Depend on price and shipping to Canada??

According to Admiral, cross rolling means just that, and not much else...

CROSS ROLLING - A (hot) rolling process in which rolling reduction is carried out in a direction perpendicular to, as well
as a direction parallel to, the length of the original slab.

I haven't made a dent in the pile of 1084, but I'd take some 52100 too!
I didn't notice an expiration date, so I guess it's still fresh;)

Just messin w/ ya Aldo...steel never gets stale.....does it:confused::) I'm in on the 1/4" 52100

I'm In Aldo!! I would love some 52100. I also need to get with ya for some 1084 if ya still have some. Thanks, Shane

i need more info
how wide a sheet can i get (razor blanks water cut out)
how thin will you go if i need a bunch (kitchen knives)
what kind of cost

To All Concerned:

After exhausting every possibility it seems that the best we'll be able to do with 52100 flat bar brings the per pound price to between $12.00 and $13.00.

This would be the cost if I buy 3 - 255 lbs sheets and had them cut to size. I would need to have it 75% sold for me to consider the order.

To put that in perspective, a 1 foot bar, 1/4" thick X 1 1/2" weighs 1.276 pounds.
That'll make about 600 feet of steel 1 1/2" wide. At about $16.00 foot.
He said he needs to sell 75% of that before he orders, or about 450 feet..

Last edited:
Back