• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

7" Gyuto with White#2 & Sculpted Handle SOLD

Hi!

It's been a while but I've got one for sale here today.

The blade was forged by hand to final thickness and taper, normalized 3 times and quenched in water.

The grind on this knife is slightly bias towards right-handed people being flatter on the left and having more convexity on the right.

Steel: White #2 core with 22-layered 'Suminigashi' cladding (not rustproof)
HRC: 62-63

OAL: 12" 1/2
Blade length: 7"
Blade Height: 45mm
Thickness: 2.8mm at the handle tapering evenly to the tip

Handle Materials: Stabilized Poplar burl for the bolster & curly Australian Blackwood for the rest of the handle. The keen observer will point out that the Australian BLACKwood is not black... This is correct. :)

PRICE: $280 +$15 shipping SOLD

PayPal only to hazenbergknives@gmail.com

Thanks for looking! Question & comments are welcome of course.

Jelle

Last edited:
Oh, that is nice. If someone is on the fence, you better jump before I get to happy hour tomorrow and convince myself that i need another one of Jelle's knives.

Beautiful knife, Jelle! Love the profile and your handles keep getting better and better!

I have a couple knives from Jelle and totally recommend anybody who is interested to make the purchase!

Just wish I wasn't so broke! GLWS :)

That is truly one of the sexiest kitchen blades I've seen in a long long time.
Just handling it in front of guests would instantly make me a much more dashing host and create an appearance I could cook something that didn't come in a can... Or have microwave instructions on the box.

And if I could actually cook, I'd snatch it in a heartbeat. Nice work Jelle. Still might if the free funds come available...

-Eric
Overmountain.us.com

Eric, Jelle's knives are an investment in pure enjoyment in the kitchen! Wish I had more to invest too, but two of these great blades are a start. Thanks Jelle for making these available to us here from across the pond.

Back