8" Wa Chef in 52100, Micarta. SOLD.

Here's a "Fat Boy" model chef with an 8" blade. The steel is hand forged 52100, and the grip is micarta.

The knife features a tall octagonal "Wa" shaped handle, which feels nice in the hand and offers superior control. The black linen bolster is mortised onto the natural canvas handle. The knife is very light, and the tang extends to within 1" of the butt, bringing the balance right to the front of the handle.

The spine is fully rounded for comfort when using two hands, and the heel is rounded on the back side to go easy on the first finger.

The blade is very thin at the edge for maximum slicing ability, and features a long flat heel transitioning into mild rocking curve towards the tip. Lots of board contact.

Specs:
Blade is 8-1/4" long
Overall length is 13-3/4"
Handle is 5"
Blade is 2" tall at heel
Blade is .128" max thickness at the spine
Edge thickness before sharpening is .010"

Asking price is $260 U.S. NOW SOLD. Price includes shipping to the 50 states. I will ship around the world; I just ask that in this case the buyer pay the added shipping costs.

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

IMG_0209.JPG

IMG_0210.JPG

IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

IMG_0218.JPG

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.
I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Also, if this knife or any other I have made that you have seen looks close to something you would like, or if you would like to talk about an entirely different knife design altogether, please contact me, I do custom orders as well and always enjoy talking about knife designs, whether or not we actually end up doing business.

Salem Straub

Last edited:
Beautiful work Salem! Clean and crisp as always from you. It's obvious you put a lot of thought into this one in terms of both design details and materials. I always enjoy seeing your blades and quality photos.

Also, congratulations on your 'newish' sub-forum; should make it easier to keep an eye on the goods of one of my favorite smiths. Sure hope we get a chance to visit sometime down the road.
:thumbup:

Regards,
Andy

Thank you Andy for your thoughtful comments! I do hope to see you around one of these days. Maybe if I EVER got out to knife shows...

Back