• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

80CRV2 Breaching Hawk $349

Huntsman Knife Co.

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey guys,

Up for sale today is one of my new breaching hawks I'm calling the "Breaching Bad."

Its designed from the ground up to be a compact, powerful breaching tool. I think it will also make a great camp hawk and will excel at chopping hardwoods and splitting. Its made from 3/8th thick 80CRV2 which is an excellent hard use steel that is similar to 5160 but with increased carbon and a dash of vanadium. It exhibits greater toughness and edge holding than 5160. The tang and body are then differentially tempered for extra toughness and resilience. If you look close you can see the temper lines. The tang is tapered down to 3/16th for weight reduction and forward balance. All of the weight of the hawk is in the head which increases the power that can be generated with each swing.

Hawk includes a kydex sheath with bungee securing mechanism.

Here's the specs

Steel- 3/8th 80CRV2/ 58RC edge and poll, spring tempered body and tang.
Length 14.25in
Head width 6.75in
Weight- ~2.4 lbs- scale is not that accurate. Either way, its heavy.
Tang- Tapered
Scales- Black Terotuf, glued and attached with stainless tubing
Finish- Acid etched and stonewashed with satin accents

Asking $399--> NOW $349 shipped via priority with a Kydex sheath and lifetime warranty

I have more of these blanks available for order if you would like a different handle material or poll style.

PM me or email me at huntsmanknifeco AT gmail DOTTTT com

IMG_1477%201_zpsodih4n8g.jpg

IMG_1464%201_zpsjys21wwf.jpg

IMG_1470_zpswdinvgxr.jpg

Sheath Example

IMG_2961_zps252bd3aa.jpg

Last edited:
Back