A Blackwood with a GUARD !!!

Wow...Yes it is visually stunnig and I bet it will cut like the dickens too. Most excellent work!
Clyde

Neil, Now that's an AWESOME spear point!... stunning piece dude!
your work absolutely has a major cool, drool factor:p Great Work!:D

Ditto what everyone else has said. Awesome! Stunning! I want one.

AJ

How about a FULL WEEK of Sno-mobiling in the White mountains? (just for the priviledge of getting on the "list" for that beauty).

I will even tow a Budweiser Trailer behind my machine:eek: :eek: :eek:

Disclaimer: Driving/operating a snow-machine while under the influence of alcoholic beverage is a crime in New Hampshire. This would be "tapped" after we finished for the day:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That is without a doubt one of the nicest looking knives I have seen in a long time.

Originally posted by Dr.Lathe
Right now I'm just calling it my SPF (spear point fighter) :D...

Well...I'd call it S P i F f y !!

Man what a nice job, that handle looks so form fitting and the guard, well it's pretty dang nice too!

Excellent work Neil!
G2

Have to add another WOW !

Love that "spear point !" . . .and the two-tone ! :D

I have a auto by Corby that has a two-tone finish (flats are stain and the hollow grind is high-polished) ! :eek: Some superbness there Dr.Lathe ! !

And the CF guard meshes with the dark red tone of the wood.

Can you give us the spec's on that fine piece ?

Working with the 440 was nice but now I have to cut up a BUNCH of 30V. I appreciate the compliments and thoughts on this one. I already have some ideas for the next new project :)

Blademan,
Have you, or anyone seen a mirror polished blade with the boron coating?? I'd like to see one.

Wolfmann,
My New York blood has thinned to the point where I get cold at night here in Florida :( I would need a trailer load of Goldschlagger to keep me warm while snowmobiling!!!! I'll be glad to give you first refusal on my next special project!! I did put this knife up on my site the other day as availabe but it went fast AND to a good home :) THANKS BRIAN :D

I just finished another folder prototype, pics soon!

Neil

Neil, the closest I have seen is a William Henry Black & Tan. I have a knife on order from R.W. Clark with a mirrored blade that is to be coated with BC. I will be glad to post a pic when it's finished or send you a copy so you can see how it looks on a large blade.

That is sweet. Finally a Blackwood with a guard. Very Brend-y with a touch of Randall influence yet you can tell its from Neil. Great job.

Somewhere, there's an airboat missing a prop...

Good job, she's a beaut.

Cripes man!!! Some of us look at these pictures at work you know. I will be sending you the dry-cleaning bill for my pants.;)
Course we could just call it even for a Grifter with juniper burl scales.:D
Seriously though, have you ever made an UGLY knife? Heck, have you ever made a MEDIOCRE knife?
Keep up the stellar work.

James,
I was tempted to put the little dip in the spine in front of the guard like the Randall #1 but I thought it might be TOO Randallish ;)

Soldier,
After the airboat races, there are LOTS of boats missing props :) Those guys are CRAZY!!

Hoplophile,
Sorry, same thing happens to me while looking at other makers knives. Quietly walk into the mens room like nothing happend and it will be OK ;) Ugly, knives?? Mediocre knives?? YES!! My shop is full of them. For every good looking knife design, there are quite a few funky looking ones!!! I'm now at the point where I weed out most of the bad ones while they're still on paper, BEFORE I cut metal :D

Neil

Where the heck have I been.

Neil, that is awsome to say the least. Fine piece of work!

to just GET ON your list, I will bring my Sno-Mobiles to Florida, and run them down OAKLAND PARK BLVD!!:eek:

I will just call them SNO-BIRDS and make sure I smack into every curb, go 15 MPH, and stop in the middle of EVERY Intersection, and park in front of a resturant at 5:00 PM

NOW where's Ya house?.........Ira:D :D

Originally posted by Brian_T
Heh heh heh...

Come to Papa. :D

Thanks for the opportunity Neil.

heh heh heh ... Shoulda figured. That Brian guy sure has good taste :D

Back