A Couple of New Fletchers

Mistwalker

Gold Member
Back at the end of 2015, I went to Dylan's shop and looked at some new models Dylan was coming out with. One of them was the 24/7, which I really liked, and I talked to Dylan about making one in stainless to replace the Pro 6-5 I have carried everywhere I have gone for the last four years. I had been wanting a similar sized knife, but with a little pointier tip, and in stainless. I wanted a knife big enough to function well in an edc role, but thin and light enough to wear as a neck knife if I needed to. What I got was a 24/7 model, made of 3/32 CPM 154 stainless, with the tang tapered and file-worked, with OD green scales and orange liners. One of my favorite handle configurations of all. I have carried it in the edc role since last Friday, and so far it is exactly what I wanted!

We also talked about a larger knife I wanted to have made by him if possible, it similar to a couple of knives he has already made, but with some slight differences in length and profile. It has am overall length of 15 inches, and a blade length of 9.75 inches. and made from 3/16 stock. It has a slightly re-curved edge profile, with a clipped point that is nice and pointy. I wanted forward mass for chopping, combined with a tip that would penetrate well when needed.

More and better pics of each later, but I am really excited about both and had to share, so just a few crappy phone pics in bad lighting for now. I really love the weight distribution of this knife. Dylan knocked it out of the park!

20150504_212349.jpg

20150504_212453.jpg

20150502_175827.jpg

20150502_175901.jpg

Congrats on the steel!!! Those two are a great pair that'll pretty much take care of all your woods needs.

Back