Photos a couple of nights in the bush....

Andy the Aussie

Platinum Member
Gold Member
Not too many pics this time as it was only a couple of nights.

I was looking for an easy spot close to Sydney to go sleep away from the world, unfortunately most of the areas in the eastern side of the range are closed due to flood damage still or too many other humans there. So I drove a bit further out and found a spot in the Kanangra Boyd Nat Park. Unfortunately is was an actual campsite as opposed to heading up a fire trail and making a piece of flat ground my own, nonetheless it was better than Sydney.

Drive out took about 3hrs and I went via the township of Oberon, I love this little town and have spent a good deal of time there over the years. The last 45mins of the drive was on dirt and it was nice to find out what a good decision the new springs in my truck were...!!!

Home away from home....

attachFull97256

Some of the locals who decided they were all my new best friends....

attachFull97257
attachFull97260
attachFull97261

Out for a walk and saw a number of deer (feral in the park and actively killed by rangers - I was not telling though)...best pic I could get of a young buck...

attachFull97263

Fire...must have fire to stare into....

attachFull97262

A healthy salad for lunch...

attachFull97258
attachFull97259

A little stream running down to the Boyd River proper....

attachFull97264

Obligatory cutty things I am never without...

attachFull97265
attachFull97266

Despite feeling off (I will explain shortly) I loved it, really the only thing that would have made it better was people not arriving Friday night and having MUCH more firewood !!! Of course a week more time would have helped too !!!! First night it was just on 0degsC and the second it was 2 degsC with misty rain all night, given it is SUMMER here it was colder than I expected and I did think I had gotten a chill as on Thursday night I could not warm up even in a well padded sleeping bag.

A guy from a nearby camp did come and see me as a couple of Dutch travelers had gone off in their busted up 4x4 for a drive and left all their camp behind....no sign of them after two days, I asked if he had let the park staff or police know by chance....but he had not, sorted that out and still don't know what happened. My guess is they drove into town and ended up at one of the local pubs for a couple of days (having done exactly that in that town as a 20year old). Nothing in the news so I am guessing they are OK.

And the final postscript to this is upon arrival home I was still feeling a bit rubbish and ended testing +ve for Rona.....

Sorry to hear about the Rona, but the trip and the DSSF look great! You still use Elofs sheath? I love the sleek design on that...
Great pics as well

Great stories Andy! Always enjoy you. Get better soon!

Lucky you!
Getting away has become such a challange...
I've started to look for 2 trees spaced right along the river and nerby parks to find a spot where I could sneak out for the night to hang the hammock and have a quiet night's sleep...
And the 'Rona thing...
You get a few days to work from home surrounded by all your ASH-1's and feeling invincible because of them!

It's a funny thing...
This morning we rocked up at Parra Lake Park at about 9 am for a walk with the pups...
When we discovered the place ~16 years ago or so there would be a dozen people or so that we would come across during the walk there... today, with the park having a 3rd carpark added, we were lucky to find a parking spot...
The roofed over BBQ settings... each had a sentinel siiting there, at 9am holding the space forthe group lunch BBQ...

It's a funny thing...
This morning we rocked up at Parra Lake Park at about 9 am for a walk with the pups...
When we discovered the place ~16 years ago or so there would be a dozen people or so that we would come across during the walk there... today, with the park having a 3rd carpark added, we were lucky to find a parking spot...
The roofed over BBQ settings... each had a sentinel siiting there, at 9am holding the space forthe group lunch BBQ...
......just don't frequent the toilet blocks there mate..!!! It has got lots more exposure on TV....and every summer at least one person who is unable to swim goes swimming there and drowns !!!
Andy,
That looks to a fair sort of a feed you've cooked yourself mate.

Like the pics as well .
......Salad Ian !!!!!! Salad !!!! Good to see you posting mate !!
No FAL pics?
.....not since 1996.

Amazing as usual. I love the enormous national parks and state forests west and north west of Sydney. Ancient landscape that you can feel vibrating through you when you're in it.

I clicked on the link thinking it was an adult movie that I hadn't seen. Please carry on.

Back