A couple toys

Here's a couple I made towards the end of October. Both are my designs and not meant to be historically accurate but are still pretty cool. The shape of the handle came from a male walrus's favorite tool. I can't remember for sure but the large piece is around 29" long and the blade is around 7". Both were made from the same piece of curly maple. The blades were hand forged and left with a forge finish.

IMG_1716.JPG

Love that smaller one, great work!

both so sweet. I can picture them now, Sweet background music, as scenes from Last of the Mohicans roll past.

Sweet work.

Ray....Great looking work as usual ! Wouldn't want to be in the way of one of those...

I had no idea a male walrus's tool was 29" long. Dang! No wonder they have to have their pants made special.

Parker

I had no idea a male walrus's tool was 29" long. Dang! No wonder they have to have their pants made special.

Parker

There tool isn't quite that big. I just used the basic shape of there tool although most male walrus's will answer if called "Big Boy". :D

The male blue whale's favorite tool can be up to a third of its body length. That's 33 feet for those of you who don't like to do math:eek:! Now back to awesome war clubs before this gets to much farther into the gutter.

Back