A Genuine Topic

Typically of the way things go around my house, I misplaced my latest issue of TK after reading about 1/3. Found it again this morning. Read some.

Came across a little article on an OE FB knife, that looks like the Impulse. It is called the G-Force System.

Now, I realize that I could have just run a search, and/or gone to OE's website for additional info, but since we're so short of threads here, decided to take this route.

What do you all know about it? Since it comes with a neck chain, presumably it is pretty light. Know the blade length? Since the holes on the blade in the mag are virtually identical in shape and proportion with the IMpulse, it looks to me like it would have to have at least a 3" blade.

Do Y'all know if it is also designed by Darrel Ralph? Seems like it would have to be. Handle material? FRN? Last, but not least, what will the price range be? Seems like it is aimed at the CRKT Companion, so seems likely to be in same price area, I'd guess.

Sorry I don't have many ideas for threads. I respond easily, but starting them is hard for me, unless I have a real question or point to make. Please, somebody, HELP me out here!

To Bugs 3X:

Earlier this Spring we decided to suspend production on the G-Force. We debuted a prototype of the G-Force at the Shot Show in January. The concept behind the G-Force was to create a lightweight fixed-blade version of the Impulse with a multi-carry sheath system. Unfortunately the sales responce for the G-Force was rather limited and did not warrant putting the knife in production. I know there were several BF members interested in the G-Force and it is with my regrets it was not feasibe to proceed with this project.

Thank you for your attention and interest just the same.

Thanks, David. I sort of thought maybe I remembered reading something like that, but seeing it in the September issue of TK made me think it must be a go. Guess TK didn't get the entire word on the subject.

You mentioned in the other thread your 3" Impulse. I know when I bought my Impulse used, that I found a site that had both of the knives. But the other day, I checked the web dealers I like most, and none of them were showing the smaller Impulse. I think it would be a real cool little knife.

FWIW, I honestly tend to believe that the Impulse hasn't become a best seller simply because of it's looks. I don't think some people understand that Darrel Ralph designs for function first. The Impulse is just so "wild" looking, kind of like the Kestrel in a way, and I think that makes people fail to take it seriously as a performance knife. It looks like an art object, not a useful, utilitarian knife. I love it, but don't think enough people have been willing to consider it. And, maybe, it's low price might have something to do with that too. Just trying to figure it out how such a cool knife at such a great price isn't on top of the sales heap.

Maybe it would do better than expected. There seems to be an increasing "neck knife" and small fixed blade fad going on. I find that in summer clothes, I can draw a Rekat Fang under my t-shirt as fast as an openly-worn belt knife. I would love to see a OE neck knife. I would love to see an OE multi-carry fixed blade in the Krait/impulse pattern even more. Doesn't darrel ralph make a custom krait-fixed blade?

Back