A Kris-Mas Tale.., for Jody

Originally posted by ExamonLyf
that's not a "Movie Prop" :(
Hey, if that makes you sad ,I can help ya out. :D

I loved the poem as much as I loved the picture, Pete. Insanely creative! :eek:

Humbles me right up. Those 49s there with that masterpiece are as outmatched in artful mastery as they are by sheer size. Still, all are very fine in their own right.

Thanks Pete!
Rick

Originally posted by edgeman
Humbles me right up. Those 49s there with that masterpiece are as outmatched in artful mastery as they are by sheer size. Still, all are very fine in their own right.

Thanks Pete!
Rick

Yes Rick.., they all have their place in the "History, of the History, of the History", and certainly no small part due to yourself! :)

That "Rick" above is Rick Thatch guys/gals :).., not only as nice a person as you'll find in the cutlery industry, but also the "Prime Mover" and CAD-Guy extraordinaire behind Benchmade's "American Kris".

Thanks for stopping buy Rick.., hope you guys had a wonderful "Kris-Mas" :).., and we all look forward to you heading up designs on the new "Gold Line" pieces from Benchmade.

Jody will be very happy, and grateful you took time out to "peek"... :) Pull Vance out to say hello to the Bali-Nuts also. :) Jody would get a kick out of "The Kid" saying Hi from back in ["The Day"]!

picture.JPG

Hey Rick! Nice to see you here! That's a fine collection of your handy work assembled there...one to be proud of.

And yea, yell at Vance to get out here and greet his fans as well! ;)

Did someone say Gold Label Balisong?!? :D

Hey Rick: It's not something to be ashamed of. All you did was to prove that no matter how high the skills used in that CNC program of yours for the 49's blade, nothing will ever come close to simple masterful artistry. ;)

Like Pete, I've been a fan of Jody's work ever since I held a custom WeeHawk boot knife in my hands back in '82. And to tell the truth, as much as I love the bali (and you should know by now how much) for all it's complexity, it was Jody's grinding that really endeared me to the Bali-Song product line.

Pete: Really love that Flamberge, but I'm more envious of that bronze statue. All I got are the $99 PCC Bronze Dragon dagger and the companion necklace piece. Would love to one day own one of Jody's art bronzes.

Hi Rick,

Real nice to have ya hangin' around with us mere mortals! Hope the Holidays have been good to ya and have given you some time to think about your next bali masterpiece..........;)

With Pete keeping us drooling on our keyboards, I think everyone with a keen interest in balisongs is holding their breath waiting to see what the first 'Gold Line' swinger is going to be!!! :eek:

Have a great New Year and tell Roberta, Les, and Vance to 'stop on by' and give us a shout!!! :cool:

Originally posted by Dawkind
With Pete keeping us drooling on our keyboards, I think everyone with a keen interest in balisongs is holding their breath waiting to see what the first 'Gold Line' swinger is going to be!!!

Rick.., since you are getting old now...:rolleyes:..., here's a reminder of "days-gone-by". :)

picture.JPG

Happy New Year, and tell Nina and munchkins I said Hi also!

Thanks, everyone for all of the kind words.
The 49 project had less to do with myself personally and more to do with Vance, Wes and ALL of the hard working and thinking people here at Benchmade. The blade grind work I can take some credit for and the machining of the handles but, overall it was a team effort. Vance is the artist who slaved over the finish on the handles on all of the 49 and especially the SPLs.

Well I hope that we can please some of you fine collectors with the gold line products. I expect to have photos up on the BMK website very soon! I wish I could post them here, but all in due time.

Pete: I really want to see that Dragon Embryo in person, maybe at SHOT?

Rick

Well I hope that we can please some of you fine collectors with the gold line products. I expect to have photos up on the BMK website very soon! I wish I could post them here, but all in due time.....

:D

Rick -- glad to see ya' here, Bud !!! Looking forward to seeing you at SHOT !! :) Should be fun -- I expect to be there from late Wednesday afternoon through Friday noon. See ya' there.

All Hail The Chief from "THE FAR SIDE" MR. SAMSON thanks for your contribution to the knife world.

sorry pete i know you thought i meant you. o.k. awesome photo's and awesome chili :D :p start cooking some more green chili in the split crock for me. LOL

Originally posted by krangle1
sorry pete i know you thought i meant you. o.k. awesome photo's and awesome chili :D :p start cooking some more green chili in the split crock for me. LOL

Oh damn :(.., well I had a sneaking suspicion you might be referring to Jody, but at least now I figured out why you got me the split Crockpot for X-Mas Rene. Next batch of green stuff I'll drop some by. :cool:

Originally posted by krangle1
the kids and i will be waiting by the door. ;)

That's a deal Rene, and I already tried it yesterday. Made some Ox Tail stew with Gargoyle blood and Thyme, (in honor of Jody saving Kris-Mas this year). :) Pretty yummy with a cold mug of "Skull Splitter" brew... :)

Pictures to follow :)

Wow Pete.., I keep looking at Mr. Samson's Flamberge, and it's incredible. Too bad he didn't make anything for New Year's day hangovers. :cool:

Rene.., actually Jody has had that covered for many years. For a minor "hang".., if you just insert the instrument pictured slightly below the right temporal lobe, you will feel immediate relief.

I've found a slight twist to the left just above the trigeminal nerve gets the job done.. :)

picture.JPG

He's got a model for ~~~> "Medium-to-Severe"...., but I have to snap a few pictures...

Be back with an update... :cool:

Ok.., this would be for the very unfortunate that have imbibed to total excess... :( Many years ago..., Jody planned for this....

The procedure involves complicated manipulation of the tool..., but it does work!.

picture.JPG

Note: This is just a "Prop" piece (i.e., for the movies), just fun stuff. :)

WOW! I know who I can ask mommy to play with!

Thanks for sharing poem and blades.

S/F,
CEYA!

Oh, man... Skullsplitter. I had a bad experience with that once. That mistake never happened again.

Back