A most exuberant thank you.

Wild Willie

Gold Member
I've held off posting about this until today, with the arrival of a most generous gift.

On Saturday, I was shocked to receive a PM via BF that a seller had listed an mnandi, and someone who wished to remain anonymous (I do now know, but I'll let said individual remain anonymous unless they'd like to comment here) had purchased it with the request it be shipped to me...

Needless to say, I was floored. This place is chock full of amazing guys, I figured that out pretty quickly after joining. People willing to let strangers test drive a knife, giveaways, and friendly words are all commonplace. It's amazing, and to be on the receiving end of such a generous gesture is absolutely humbling and most moving.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. This will be cherished as a forever reminder of all good things.

And since pics or it didn't happen... I proudly present my new pajama knife and heirloom of my house:IMG_20240207_170437857~2.jpg
A macassar ebony mnandi, with a birthday of February 2020.

I'm sure it's not as fluid as someone with more experience, but I can one hand it now... A pinch between thumb and middle finger, finished with a thumb push to finish?
When you transcend to legendary-gentlemanly status, you will be able to dig the side of your primary thumb in there and swing it open. No other fingers needed.

It took me forever to figure it out, but soooo rewarding. :)

nice-south-park.gif

A very nice gesture.
It was indeed.
That is such a great story and a beautiful knife! Congratulations to you and well done by your generous benefactor. Genuinely fine people here.

Pajama knife!! 😂

Thank you very much.

My pajama knife concept originally came about because my dog would dig/chew at her blankets in her house and get them tangled in her chain. She'd then proceed to drag them out and beller until I came out and extricated her. The problem was, she'd also just start barking in the small hours of the morning for no apparent reason, so to save myself the trouble I just started clipping one to my PJs. 🤷‍♂️

She's since left me for the happy hunting ground, but the possibility of needing to go out at night and maybe needing a knife remains.

I've held off posting about this until today, with the arrival of a most generous gift.

On Saturday, I was shocked to receive a PM via BF that a seller had listed an mnandi, and someone who wished to remain anonymous (I do now know, but I'll let said individual remain anonymous unless they'd like to comment here) had purchased it with the request it be shipped to me...

Needless to say, I was floored. This place is chock full of amazing guys, I figured that out pretty quickly after joining. People willing to let strangers test drive a knife, giveaways, and friendly words are all commonplace. It's amazing, and to be on the receiving end of such a generous gesture is absolutely humbling and most moving.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you. This will be cherished as a forever reminder of all good things.

And since pics or it didn't happen... I proudly present my new pajama knife and heirloom of my house:View attachment 2486957
A macassar ebony mnandi, with a birthday of February 2020.
Just amazing!! What a gesture and congrats on the beautiful new knife!!!

Back