A new contest! Ya I know how to push your buttons :)

I'm getting desperate!

"KNIFE KNUTS!"...I wouldn't suggest...

"Knife Knuts Know!"...

Hey! How about "2 Sharp!"...it's better than..."Not 2 Sharp!"...I really want to win a knife, and I never will with those Trivia Contests.

How about:
Bladeforums.com Magazine
Anything that goes "cut"

------------------
Ed Caffrey
"The Montana Bladesmith"

Metal Mettle
Blade Mettle
Blade Crucible
Blade eXtremes
Kickin' Blades
Blade Gauntlet
Cuttin'
Made Blades
Provin' Blades
Get Real Steel
Gettin' It On
Doin' Steel
Doin' Blades
Kickin' & Cuttin'
Kickin' In & Cuttin' Out
Rough Cuts
Rough Cuttin'
Tough Cuts
Tough Cuttin'
Cuttin' Tough

[This message has been edited by Bob Irons (edited 06 October 1999).]

Blade Marvels
Cutlery Corner
Slashin'
Ruff Cut Magazine
Sharp Magazine
Cut above the Rest
Blade Era
The Steel Zone
The Knive Zone
Point of No Return
To the Point
Knife Marvels

[This message has been edited by K-guy (edited 06 October 1999).]

More from the Duck:

Knives In Carbon, Knives Also Stainless Steel.

Kind of Zen-like. The first letters of each word of course spell "Kick Ass"

"Cut to the Chase"

"Cuts Like a Knife" Bryan Adams

"Nothing But Knives"

"Steel City" and I don't mean Pittsburgh.

"The Edge of Hunger"

"The Iron Age"--my personal favorite. In Classical Greek Mythology, this is the one we are still in. No one had heard of the wimpy "Computer Age" or of the Jetsonian "Space Age," when the terms "Golden Age," "Silver Age," "Bronze Age," and "Iron Age," were coined. The Iron Age denotes, in mythology, the last and worst of the four ages of the human race, this one characterized by danger, corruption, and toil. I'd be willing to bet people see all three of those conditions on a daily basis.

OTOH, historically speaking, the Iron Age is when the knife came into its own as something still recognizable today. Progressing from the Stone Age, to the Bronze Age, to the Iron Age, means that the Iron Age wasn't a place for tool and weapon phobic sissies. I like "The Iron Age" as a title because so many readings could be made of it. It stands as a great counterpoint to the "Internet Age" because it sounds retro, tough, and uncompromising.

Furthermore, the Iron Age could be subtitled so that knife people will find it. Just mention knives somewhere and register both title and subtitle. Example:

"The Iron Age--The Internet's Premier Journal of Knives"

The title evokes the hammer, tong, anvil and forge of the smithy, as well as the cutting edge of technology. It lends itself well to creative graphics. It is short. It could be shorthanded to "TIA"

Iron also can denote the characteristics of the element itself. Stern, harsh, cruel, unrelenting, unassailable as in "iron willed" or "iron fisted."

I also like "The Dark Ages"

But hey, whatever, I have to go exercise my dogs.

------------------
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of the tyrant; it is the creed of slaves.

William Pitt, 1783

[This message has been edited by Oregon Duck (edited 06 October 1999).]

Shoot stuff, cut it up, show it to a man!,

Does not your heart beat more than you can stand?,

If mountains, trees, and guns and knives,

Embraces your soul and touches your lives,

Where pine needles are your perfume,

And a tent the only room,

Is a down parka your mink?,

Has Bladeforums made you think-

-That we miss you on the Spyderco Forum?,

So I say in the name of decorum,

If lady luck's Pro Venator doth fall into my well,

May Mike Turber send it to Danelle---

Shoot stuff, cut it up, show it to a man!

Stay safe and all the best, Phil <-----<

----------- a little Chop Talk for MadPoet wherever he may be. . . . . . . .

Extreme edge

Quality Control

Keen

ReChoil

Electronic Knife Journal

Electronic Journal of Abusing Knives, Uninhibited, Longwinded, Accurate, Thourough, and Extreme.

YeK

For the acronymically impaired, that's:

Electronic
Journal of
Abusing
Knives,
Uninhibited,
Longwinded,
Accurate,
Thourough, and
Extreme

Hey Mike, do you have enough ideas yet?

Well I am not big on contests but I have to put in my $.02 (bringing the total to over $2.00 now). Being the historian that I am I thought that this name worked on more than one level.

Hollow Ground

The blade grind and a reference to consecrated land for the depositing of corpses.

On a totally different note I have some intereting trivia one suicide. In early modern Germany when one committed suicide it was believed to be against God's plan (therefore a sin). So in order not to taint the home (if that is where the suicide took place) the body had to be removed through a window. Then it was taken to a crossroads where it was tossed naked face down in a pit and staked to the ground with a spear. The idea was that if the body returned from the dead it would not be able to find its way back to the city where it came from.

Just thought you guys might enjoy the story.

-Jeff

The Sharp (In)Site or (In)Sites
Cut to the Quick
Honest Edge-ucation
Edge Insight

Oh I dunno . . . lot's of great ideas posted so far.

Back