A question about Tree Brand knives

If you accept the premise that most all corporations, foreign and domestic, will do pretty much anything to sell you something, you will buy any Boker at your own risk. I'm not saying that they are not all fine knives, just that they're marketing over the last couple of years has been somewhat vague in their descriptions of origin. This practice, I believe, is pervasive in business and one should be ultra cautious when confusion is caused by the seller.
I for one have discontinued purchasing Boker knives, stamped Solingen or not, because I'm confused.

See any difference between these two? I bought the 'GERMANY' knife for the express purpose purpose of making a side x side comparison.

Last edited:
I bought a trapper with Germany on the shield and Tree Brand on blade. I used it the second day I had it (dressed and skinned a deer). I was looking at the box a couple of days later and noticed Made in China. It makes me wonder about what I actually have now. The web site says all Tree Brands are made in Germany and that was the main reason I bought it.

I have been following this Boker thing since they started their 'fuzzy' descriptions. Although I'm still stupid I'm way more cautious. My understanding is "MADE IN GERMANY" is a legal by law thing and not an actual 'common man' understanding thing. ie: if it was put in the box in Germany they've met the criteria. All for the benefit of us dumb Americans, me being one of them. Hen and Rooster, is another 'red flag' for me, being bought by an American company I believe, is a tad more open about it. Just a tad though.
This is all 2nd and 3rd hand information from people way smarter than me but where there is smoke.....

What is the deal with older Boker Tree knives that just have Boker USA stamped on the blade? Are they actually manufactured in the USA and if so did or does Boker have an actual factory in the US or were they made by somebody else for Boker?

NVM I found the answer to my question after doing some searching and lots of reading. :)

Last edited:
Back