A Question

I have on my possession a Dr. Livesay bolo style knife. Anyways that is the makers mark on the blade, does anyone know if Newt ever used that makers mark on his blades? This looks like a typically Livesay knife finish wise but with a wide temper line along the edge and a file worked spine. thanks

I just checked my RTAK, one of the last five made. Just stamped Livesay. I've never seen Dr. on any of his knives, in 30 years of gun shows, in two states. Not saying he didn't, but it'd be news to me....

s-l1600.jpg

Was it the one on Ebay?

Odd Knife. I don't think it was him, but it is well made.

That's the ticket. It is indeed well made and speaks of Livesay as for looks and finish. The thing is razor sharp to boot, blade heavy. The sheath is a joke and might have been made by the person I bought it from. I've been on a fixed blade kick for the past several yrs and this is as good as any large type chopper/bowie I've purchased and most for far more than what I paid for this one. Thanks for the post and pic! stay safe

Are you sure it’s a Livesay by Newt? I heard things got a little bit funky at the end of his run as a maker.

Nope I'm not sure it's by Newt at all hence my question as to whether he ever used a maker's mark such as the one on the knife. All other signs speak as to a Livesay made knife though at least for the ones I've owned. Just curious is all.

I've never seen any of his work with that mark. But it's been a minute since I've seen any of his work displayed. If I had to guess, I'd say it's not his work.

Handle looks funky to me and of the ones I’ve seen, he used Kydex for sheaths.

Back